• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dana 60 shafts/joints witch ones?

OnedayB

So im in need of a set of 60 chromoly 35 spline shafts and u joints/drive flanges who should i go threw for the best deal and witch brand should i get ?
thanks!!!!!
:stirpot::stirpot::awesomework:

I like Yukon from RR&P so I can drive over and get exchanges when I break.

Longfield for the joints.

Last edited:
shoot him a call or PM, he had yukons on sale for awhile. I would run Bobbys over the yukons if available. For some reason he doesnt have D60 joints on the site only D44?:eeek:

He does.....You need to click on none when it asks for the d44 and the d 60 box will work after that. He is going to have his web designer fix that here soon.

If you don't have a trailer queen you should go with CTM's instead of either Randy's on Bobby's u-joints. Those joints don't survive long on the street with drive flanges.
BTW, tho more expensive, Dutchman's axles are U.S. made (4340 from Foote Axle) and MUCH better quality than Randy's.

If you don't have a trailer queen you should go with CTM's instead of either Randy's on Bobby's u-joints. Those joints don't survive long on the street with drive flanges.
BTW, tho more expensive, Dutchman's axles are U.S. made (4340 from Foote Axle) and MUCH better quality than Randy's.

its a trailer queen 99% of the time. I have heard the same thing from a couple people now about randy's so im going else where for sure

its a trailer queen 99% of the time. I have heard the same thing from a couple people now about randy's so im going else where for sure

You remember Jayson's lil booboo from TJ last summer, and those new axles he put in in camp??? THOSE were custom Dutchmann's....nice stuff!!!:awesomework:

superior for the shafts. bobbies or ctm's for the joints and be done :awesomework:

FWIW- Superior's Domestic shafts (Evolution) and Dutchman's shafts are both made by Foote Axle. This is the same axle shaft that Dynatrac or Currie will use when you order their premium shaft.

FWIW- Superior's Domestic shafts (Evolution) and Dutchman's shafts are both made by Foote Axle. This is the same axle shaft that Dynatrac or Currie will use when you order their premium shaft.

scott- what is up with all the dutchman shafts i see on pirate with twisted splines/snapped off at the start of the splines? I know it has to do with the cut splines.....I am more weary of dutchmans/superiors warranty return policy. everything seems to be backordered/weeks out from all accounts.

Personally i would go with a local vendor that has been having good results like JT differential. who is a vendor on the board here. Prices are EXTREMELY reasonable, and AFAIK all of there stuff has a lifetime warranty. I know some will disagree with this (including digger5) but you need to make your own decision. I will personally be buying Nytro shafts and Bobby long u joints for my front axle. in the VERY near future. That is just how i am though. buy from a manufacturer that is a couple hours away and frequents all the message boards i go to? sounds like a wise decision to me. Just my 2 cents.

scott- what is up with all the dutchman shafts i see on pirate with twisted splines/snapped off at the start of the splines? I know it has to do with the cut splines.....I am more weary of dutchmans/superiors warranty return policy. everything seems to be backordered/weeks out from all accounts.

Personally i would go with a local vendor that has been having good results like JT differential. who is a vendor on the board here. Prices are EXTREMELY reasonable, and AFAIK all of there stuff has a lifetime warranty. I know some will disagree with this (including digger5) but you need to make your own decision. I will personally be buying Nytro shafts and Bobby long u joints for my front axle. in the VERY near future. That is just how i am though. buy from a manufacturer that is a couple hours away and frequents all the message boards i go to? sounds like a wise decision to me. Just my 2 cents.

I can't really address the issue about Pirate because I don't know when the axles were purchased. Dutchman previously sold shafts that they purchased from Randy's/Yukon. They quit selling them because they had so many warranty issues and have gone exclusively to Foote. For Superior, Foote rolls in the splines. With Dutchman, they buy blanks so they can cut them to length.

I'm not at all against a warranty. What I'm against is buying something of poor quality just because it HAS a warranty. A warranty doesn't get you out of the woods. Nitro makes good stuff and backs it up well. It may not be on par with some of the domestic parts but their customers have lesser expectations. I'd rather spend a bit more for stuff that rarely breaks than get something cheap with a great warranty. Not all import stuff is bad, and Nitro seems to be quite diligent (more than most) in providing products with good QC. But the fact remains, product that is sold here to the OE mfgr and military is of higher standards than the overseas mfgr unless it is an approved/inspected vendor.

I completely agree with you scott. I didnt know that dutchman changed there supplier. all the dutchman failures i remember were from a few years ago.

thanks guys im thinking that i will go with bobby for the drive flanges and joints.... Then im still up in the air about shafts but thinking i will give JT a call tomorrow and see what they have to say. JT was who i bought my arb's,gears and set ups from and i wasent all that happy about the hole deal.
but who knows maybe they can make it up to me on the shafts?:stirpot:

.... what is up with all the dutchman shafts i see on pirate with twisted splines/snapped off at the start of the splines? I know it has to do with the cut splines.....I am more weary of dutchmans/superiors warranty return policy. everything seems to be backordered/weeks out from all accounts.

Marc, on Jayson's custom FF yota axles mentioned previously, we called Dutchmann on a Monday/emailed specs of said axles same day (this was in the middle of June 09); and received a box of :bling: that Friday!!! Doesn't get much better than that IMHO...:awesomework: Oh, and their fairly local too, Portland...

Last edited:

Latest posts