• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 70 locker options

FunNmuD

I am looking for a locker idea for a dana 70.

I have been running OX Lockers for years in another rig but OX doesn't make a locker for the 70. I am not big fan of ARB but thinking this is going to be my best choice.

I am planning to run OX upfront in the Ford 60.

Anybody elses thoughts on which way to go?

I have been thinking about doing cutting breaks.

Open
spool/welded
Detroit
ARB
Power Lock

That is about the only options. I run a Detroit. What 70 do you have? Some are different size carriers.

Get a locker. Mine is welded and I it's honestly a PITA to turn.
Mine is welded, and turning is no prob. Then again I have front dig which you dont have for when it really gets tight. Believe it or not I prefer a welded rear, and detroit front. Damn near bulletproof reliable.:;

Mine is welded, and turning is no prob. Then again I have front dig which you dont have for when it really gets tight. Believe it or not I prefer a welded rear, and detroit front. Damn near bulletproof reliable.:;
I have a simular setup spool in rear detroit in front......Steve I would just weld the Shiat out of it and call it good

Welding is really not an option as I want to do cutting brakes so I can pivot on one tirer.

I'm alright with my spool rear/detroit front except for places with traction like Moab, Phoenix, The Hammers and the OM...it's making turning a bitch.

I'll be putting a detroit back in the rear this winter.

I'm alright with my spool rear/detroit front except for places with traction like Moab, Phoenix, The Hammers and the OM...it's making turning a bitch.

I'll be putting a detroit back in the rear this winter.
Been thru the OM, and Moab. To each their own I guess. Maybe I just dont know any difference as I have never ran anything else.:;

Bullet proof my ass. My Detroit went BOOM.

Latest posts