• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Datsun lovers SCORE!!!!!!!!

datsunon40s

Sooooo.... I was driving down the road yesterday and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a pretty clean 77 king cab 620 pickup with a sign in the window that said " $450 AS IS!" so I cruized on over and started looking at it. after about 5 minutes of me standing there a guy in his 50s, drunk as a skunk stumbles out and says " buy this thing my wife has been bitching at me to get rid of it." so he pops the hood and what do I see but an L20B with a 32/36 webber with the riser adaptor and a long tube canon hedder.... so, he starts it up and its missing loke a mother! I looked at him in dissaproval.... and he pipes up " Ill take $300". I was like uuuuuum OK! I handed him the $300 and drove it home. I put new plugs in it and it runs like a champ Ill post pics tomorrow..... this could be the next datsun on 40s hahaha

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

check out the frenched in antanna
Picture047.jpg

Picture042.jpg

where the money is at!!
Picture041-1.jpg

Last edited:
haha nice score... my buddy is currently building a datsun on 44's... he's still got a lot of work to do on it though before it's done... maybe by the end of this summer it'll be out on the trail.

sorry fixed it.....it is a 77 king cab white with black interior no rust anywhere.... and boy does that thing do some good burnouts haha

Last edited:
another score today:awesomework: .... I went down to leshwab and found 18" caddy escalade wheels for 50 bucks a wheel and they are GM 6 lug so I can run em on the datsun!!!!!:flipoff:

p.s. I put pics at the top

Last edited:
Gotta love that Datsun Green engine compartment. Uncle used to have a regular cab, that was GREEN.

Painting soon to match?

Oh and those bubbles on the driver's door, Yep, that's rust....

Nice to have a swapped out bed too.... Time for Rhino-lining.

Nice score, I'm in the process of building a 620 KC myself...

Mine before I decided to take it apart for a ground-up...

frontdrcorner.jpg

http://ratsun.net

is your next forum to visit :D

Datto freaks of all sorts there...and we love us some 620's

That 77 will have drums all the way around. Disc brake conversion parts are available from a couple of ratsun members :)

....and that engine bay was sprayed green ;)

[QUOTE=']

....and that engine bay was sprayed green ;)[/QUOTE]

I see that, as I look at the green engine block. But that is still a Datsun color. I've seen enough of the 620s with that color. Or something really close to it...

I think those Datsuns are the coolest thing Nissan/Datsun ever built! I used to have a '73 I was going to slam but just got tired of messing with it. Someday I'll find me a clean extended cab with the 5 speed and disc brakes, and go to town.
Sweet deal!

Gotta love that Datsun Green engine compartment. Uncle used to have a regular cab, that was GREEN.

Painting soon to match?

Oh and those bubbles on the driver's door, Yep, that's rust....

Nice to have a swapped out bed too.... Time for Rhino-lining.

thats not datsun green that is grabber green spray paint some idiot thought it didnt need to be white anymore :haha: soon to change. The trucks original color was white and when I said no rust I meant in the cab and in the floorboards, where they always rust.... I have extra doors:flipoff:

OH lowered it today 3" blocks and torsion bars ..... gotta love it!!!!!!

]2eDeYe;391997 said:
Nice score, I'm in the process of building a 620 KC myself...

Mine before I decided to take it apart for a ground-up...

frontdrcorner.jpg

http://ratsun.net

is your next forum to visit :D

Datto freaks of all sorts there...and we love us some 620's

That 77 will have drums all the way around. Disc brake conversion parts are available from a couple of ratsun members :)

....and that engine bay was sprayed green ;)

what are those wheels off of ????

datsoon

in 76 they came out with a Kelley green , Loved that truck
11 to 1 pop ups, webber 2 brl carb,header (that kept cracking) low and fast