• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Day trip this weekend?

skinny_pedal

Anyone wanna head up Saturday morning? I have 2 weddings too attend the following two weekends. So this is my only chance. Could even due the 13th if that works better?

I might be in for a day trip and I think I'm about to get a house right down the street from you

:awesomework:

Pretty good chance I will be there. Last weekend this month I will get to wheel also. Hoping there will be a bit more open this time.

I assume that you mean Evan's Creek. What's your time plan. My family and I are deciding where to go, and when.

Well, Gavin bailed...

JR Gaylor and I are going up for a little fun run. Meeting a Shari's in Bonney Lake for breakfast then heading up. We should be able to run all the trails and be home by dinner.

If you want to join us, let me know.

FYI, we are a kid friendly and family friendly group :awesomework:

I and another jeep will be at Evans on Sat early. Don't think you will get to run all the trails but hopefully more then the two that were open two weeks ago.

I and another jeep will be at Evans on Sat early. Don't think you will get to run all the trails but hopefully more then the two that were open two weeks ago.

Why were only two trails open? Still snow bound or were they being working on?

Yes, snow was thick and tuff to get any good distance through. If you have wide azz tires you could probably ride on top of the snow. It was worth while to play in at any rate. The entire 311 was clear to the top of the upper 311 but couldn't get to the log hill. The entire 102 was open and a small portion of the 198 off the 102 was clear. I was told that going into the camp ground using the FS road was do-able. That was two weeks ago. I am sure there will be more open trail but not all trails. Gotta keep pushing thru to get the open sooner.

Is anyone going up on Sunday? I have a birthday party to attend on Saturday. Been out of town for a couple months and this will be my first trip up there since I got back.

I had to take my "wide-azz" tires off to fit through the goal posts.

Hmmmm

I called the Rangers office to check on conditions. The snow level is at 3000' and can get quite deep still. I was told that the campground is still snowed in so tow rigs with trailers will still not be able to access the day use area or campground.

Non-street legal vehicles are not allowed to run the 7920 to access the campground and other areas, they must get there via the 311 highway.... I am legal with tabs and insurance but not quite STREET legal :)

I had to ask for clarity on the goal posts since I had not been up there since they put them in. Per the office, you just have to fit THROUGH the posts. So rubbing/squeezing through the posts is OK.

Can't decide which tires to use now. 4" is a lot of squeezing to get my IROKs through, but the red label crawlers are not going to be nearly as good if we decide to hit some of the deep snow sections.

I am toying with seeing if I can bring both sets of tires and see if I can fit through with the IROKS then change to the Krawlers if I cannot fit.

That was a fun day.

I'm glad I stayed with the narrower Krawlers as I barely squeezed through the 80" "Width Regulators".

The park was almost empty. We ripped through 311 without anything interesting happening. It was fun to just get some seat time again. Got to the campground and found the snow. JR played around trying to get around the outhouses but was unsuccessful.
We headed up 520 but got turned around due to dangerous snowy sidehill conditions. It would have been an all day event to try to bust through and one bad move would have been a nasty roll.
We went to the rock bowl and played around a little.
Went up 197 (I think that's the right trail number), the one with the V-crack type of uphill climb right at the start. We blew through that until we ran into some more crappy sidehill snow stuff. Turned around, ran the 7920 back to the campground.
Found a flat on my trailer when we got there, thanks JR for the plugs!

Anyway, it was nice to get out on a shakedown run on a great Saturday!

Latest posts