• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DBBB - Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway - Near Slade, KY

justwes said:
Some counties have absolutely figured out its better to promote our hobby, in a controlled environment and generate revenue for their counties, than try to fight tooth and nail. cant thank those counties enough for their efforts. I'm looking forward to the future of wheeling in Kentucky and really hope it gets people from other parts of the country making a point to come wheel here also.

and Paul I see youre from Mt. Washington, I live in Lexington, went school in anderson kinda close to bullitt co. are you planning to come down for the SFWDA ride in november? Kentucky Krawlers (Kentucky off roading club) has a weekend planned in december as well in hollerwood.

I may try to make the ride in December even if it is for the day. I work for UPS so my life tends to stop in the month of December.

I have a feeling this place will be my new home park now that everything is good to go. I have been using DTOR as my shakedown park and nothing against it but it doesn't compare to the Slade area. And with Hollerwood only 45 minutes further, its a no brainer.

I talk to Robbins on occasion but havn't had a chance to get back down there to wheel with him. Won't be much longer though.

scooter60 said:
I may try to make the ride in December even if it is for the day. I work for UPS so my life tends to stop in the month of December.

I have a feeling this place will be my new home park now that everything is good to go. I have been using DTOR as my shakedown park and nothing against it but it doesn't compare to the Slade area. And with Hollerwood only 45 minutes further, its a no brainer.

I talk to Robbins on occasion but havn't had a chance to get back down there to wheel with him. Won't be much longer though.

Which hub do you work at. My brother works at the new hub down by grade lane.

Hillbilly Beast said:
Which hub do you work at. My brother works at the new hub down by grade lane.

I work at Worldport at the airport. Been there 23 years. I work in the Ramp Communications Center as a ramp dispatcher.

justwes said:
Some counties have absolutely figured out its better to promote our hobby, in a controlled environment and generate revenue for their counties, than try to fight tooth and nail. cant thank those counties enough for their efforts. I'm looking forward to the future of wheeling in Kentucky and really hope it gets people from other parts of the country making a point to come wheel here also.

and Paul I see youre from Mt. Washington, I live in Lexington, went school in anderson kinda close to bullitt co. are you planning to come down for the SFWDA ride in november? Kentucky Krawlers (Kentucky off roading club) has a weekend planned in december as well in hollerwood.

Small world, I went to school in Anderson CO. What year did you graduate?

Scooter let me know the next time you go that way, I haven't been to Slade in years, can you still get to all the old stuff?

poolman said:

Scooter let me know the next time you go that way, I haven't been to Slade in years, can you still get to all the old stuff?

As far as I know(which is not much). I think Carburetor Hill is still off limits but that is being talk about from my understanding. Four weeks ago we ran Holiday, Gatekeeper, Widowmaker, the rock crawl area near Townsend cave and talked about hitting Hairpin but never made it over there.

One place I know is off limits is Narrows bridge and the trail leading there. You can hike to it but that is it. I never went there in a rig and always wanted to.

poolman said:

Check the two local off road clubs pages they are always riding in the area. There is also a ride scheduled by sfwda Nov 3rd weekend

But ya carb hill is currently being negotiated with the parks dept for a land swap and the narrows have been closed for a while.

offroadohio said:
Boneyard folks seem to be ****ing with Hollywood already based on internet chit chat.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here?

I'm assuming Hollywood = Hollarwood, but beyond that, no idea. ???

TBItoy said:

Ya he meant Hollerwood, and Boneyard is a private park started by the oil company on their land nearby. they've been a thorn in the communities side pretty much since inception. they're under 800 acres, with county roads and easements running throughout their land, when they started, they tried charging 100+ per person to ride, and then bulldozed trails that had been established prior to their inception that would be say a 3/5 in difficulty and made them smooth enough you could drive a golf cart up them, and have started bulldozing trees and boulders into easement and county roads that run through their property. including roads that connect sections of hollerwood. it has been a headache for sure, but it will get sorted out shortly

Re: Re: DBBB - Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway - Near Slade, KY

TBItoy said:

Sorry Auto correct got it

Re: Re: Re: DBBB - Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway - Near Slade, KY

offroadohio said:
Sorry Auto correct got it

No problem , I assumed that part.

I didn't know boneyard was a private venture

Re: Re: Re: DBBB - Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway - Near Slade, KY

TBItoy said:
No problem , I assumed that part.

I didn't know boneyard was a private venture

Yup, oil company had always turned a blind eye to wheeling, when Hollerwood got closer to be opened, they decided to open up their own park, which they totally have the right to do. But in the process have done nothing but piss off local wheelers

Latest posts