• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

death at washougal yesterday

gas is on the right

they turned the track around so you go down the old up hill...it was the second or third practice a 18 year old kid riding intermediate got messed up at the top not really sure what happened but he was laying about half way down the hill....he didn't make it died on the side of the track.. I'm not sure what the injuries were ... but pretty sad... they told us after practice was over at the riders meeting....

Rocky Gesner was practicing for a race that would happen later in the afternoon when he crashed on the track around 8:45 a.m. Saturday, according to the Clark County Sheriff

Motocross racer dies after crash at Washougal, WA

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHOUGAL, Wash. -- An 18-year-old man competing in a tournament at Washougal Motocross Park in southwest Washington was fatally injured Saturday when he was thrown from his bike during a practice run.
Track officials say Rocky Gesner, of Orting, was on a downhill portion about 8:45 Saturday morning when the front wheel of his bike turned out, throwing him to the track.
Gesner, described as an experienced racer, was wearing protective gear, including a helmet and chest and neck pads.
Track spokesman Brian Barnes says officials dont know what caused Gesners bike to spin out, or why he hit the ground so severely. He says other spin-out crashes at the track have usually resulted only in minor injuries.
Gesner was competing in a regional tournament that drew 560 racers from six states and Canada. Races went on after the crash, and were scheduled to continue Sunday.
Barnes says the crash was the second fatality at the Washougal track since it opened in 1971.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420ap_wa_motocross_fatal.html

Bummer. A good friend of mine came home from the Desert 100 a few weeks ago via LifeFlight... He doesn't even remember what happened, but his shattered femur (among other broken bones) tells me it was a pretty good one. It's all in the name of fun, but sometimes it's good to have a reminder of how stuff can go bad real quick.

picture

so I was reading last night on some site... I Guess he broke his collar bone and the bone cut a main artery in his neck and he died of internal bleeding... he got off the to the side of the track on his own feet... really sucks... it makes you think twice about things... for me it really hits home and I didnt even know the kid

Last edited:
A sad day forsure for racers. But you never know when you time is up. People die everyday just driving to work or home. Someone crosses the centerline, a tanker truck blows up in front of you, whatever. He may not of lived a long life, but he lived a full life doing what he loved.
I had to give up riding because of my knees. I loved that track. One of my best races was there. Bar to bar action the whole 20 min. moto. Also broke my fingers there. It's all part of life.
Prayers out to the family and friends. God speed to Rocky...

Latest posts