• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Delete kits for diesels

Seen a couple guys roll through the dealership here with deletes on their 2011-2012 cummins trucks. I do know you dont have to worry about the DPF filter and o2's and better gas economy and this is all good stuff if you don't haul all the time or you are ***** footin around in it.. But I'm not the tech. I just sell the DPF's to the unlucky guy that has to pay $2800 for a replacement

Not a diesel guy, but a couple friends have done this on their 2010 trucks. Good for power and mileage but keep the old parts if you plan on ever taking to a dealership for trade. Word is, dealers won't even consider trades with dpf deletes anymore.

Good luck finding the parts to even do it now H-S which is what I have on my 2012 had to stop selling the delete kits because of our goverments involvement the information is posted on their site

ALLJ said:
Good luck finding the parts to even do it now H-S which is what I have on my 2012 had to stop selling the delete kits because of our goverments involvement the information is posted on their site

that is not true, parts are still readily available. just have to know where to get them thumb.gif

wizzo said:
that is not true, parts are still readily available. just have to know where to get them thumb.gif
Didnt say they were not available what I said was good luck finding them I have had about 3-4 guys trying to buy mine off of the my truck after they found out H-S was halting production and H-S told me personally they had halted production of the parts until further notice if you know where he can get the stuff he needs tell him cause the dealer I purchased from cant get any right now

Wizzo knows all in the diesel market!!! Thats how he makes his $$$$ lol He just ordered me all the stuff with the H&S!!!

just bought a h&s programmer. if u plan on deleting u need to buy 1 now while u can still get them. spartan is still making theirs for now but the are alot mor exspensive

Dont have a 2012; I have a 2007 dodge but went with the H&S mini max, delete kit & full 4" exhaust kit.

Best money ever spent; also found a company (if your not keeping your filters) that will pay you for your filters..... $$$

Improved my fuel mileage towing & driving daily...

you will always be able to get something to delete your dpf & egr. with the h&s epa crap, it has been a perfect storm for people running out and buying stuff think'n it's gonna go away. similar to the gun ban crap. price's have jump b/c of the demand, once it calms down the prices may go down but since people are willing to pay what the sellers are ask'n i'd say the prices will stay up.

Hey wizzo, I've got two dodge 6.7's and have done delete on both with smarty jr. My question is I also have a 05 sterling with a mbe 4000 mercedes engine and the egr cooler started leaking. The egr cooler is $1000.00. Now if I delete this I have to leave it on just not run water through it. If I take it off and DOT see its been altered, they will shut the truck down. You ever done this?

now that i have my programmer im going to delete my dpf and buy exhaust wanna run 4'' from down pipe back what do most people do as far as muffler goes no muffler or muffler?
thanks

muffler or no muffler is really a personal preference/ sound thing. we typically use the mbrp installer series kits, they always fit nice compared to some of the other garbage that is out there.

fordf250 said:
now that i have my programmer im going to delete my dpf and buy exhaust wanna run 4'' from down pipe back what do most people do as far as muffler goes no muffler or muffler?
thanks
I have on my 6.7 a donelson muffler like runs up the side of a semi. It's 5 in from the down pipe back but I turn it out in front on the rear tire. I have ran this set up for 20 years on all different kinds of diesels. Ita a cheap setup(muffler is only 63 bucks from truck pro) if its to quite you can drive a 2 in pipe down into it and open it up some. All you here is turbo. Sounds great when the brake comes on. I drive about 50 k miles a year and don't want all that roar!

I also have a '12 6.7 Cummins and have been looking at the programmers. With the H&S programmer can you just turn off the EGR w/o removing it?