• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Deployment Project

JNK-RNR

Ok, so I found out I am once again deploying in support of the war on terror ( OIF ! and OEF VI veteran). I intend on using my down time building my R/C crawler. Soo that said I am reading what I can and gathering the parts.

What I already have is:

TLT-1 Axles (locked)
Pede Tranny
55T Integy motor
Pede rims
Futaba ESC and servos

I intend on bending up my own chassy out of brake line (have a bender for that coming to me soon)

I am looking for recomendations for shocks, battery, links etc....

Well I got ahold of "HULK" off of the R/C crawler site and he can put me next in line for a tube chassy for $250...is it a deal or no deal. I like the looks of the work he has done, and I am not capable right now of producing the kind of work he does.

I'm not really familiar with what tube chassis are worth, but obviously they are really labor intensive to build. If a machine produced SW2 which requires very little labor is worth $100, then $250 is probably a fair price for a custom hand built chassis, provided the craftsmanship is good - excellent. Is it actually tube, or solid rod?

I've seen some of Hulks work on R/C crawler and read some of the feedback about them. They are quality frames that look killer.
Nathan

Yeah, Hulk usually has a pretty big waiting list. He has had people begging him to start building again for a while. Deffinatly worth the 250$

If you want to wait until after the comp I will probally be selling my sniper tuber RTR less battery. You can see it in my avitar,in the comp videos or do a search over at rcc for sniper, there is a thread on it there.Unless the build time is what you are after. By the way thanks for all that you do.

PM me with how much you will be asking..I can always use something to play with..err, that did not come out right.:haha: you know what I mean.

Run time will factor in what batteries to get and may even change what you chassis will be.

Most of the comp style trucks run 2/3a packs(like what come with the AE rc18t), and you get usally around 10-20 minutes of run time. I used to run cheap venom 3000mah sticks in my TLT and would get 2-3hours of run tiem on a charge. I ran a great planes T-600 motor.

wich comes in 2 versions, a standard and a reverse rotation(good for clods or backwards mounted pede trannies)
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJ765&P=ML
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUU50&P=7

As far as shocks go I am a big fan of the traxxas 4inchers. They seem to be everywere so rebuild kits are easy to get(tower and most lHS's).

I think since you said in your first post that this is a time eater project, you pick up a chassis to run, and the material and tools to bend your own.

Stay safe and thanks!

and let me know if you need anything.

-peter-

If you ask me, that is a lot of money for a tube chassis, regardless of who makes it. Labor aside, you are looking at under $30 in materials! I made mine in under a week...

Let me know if you'd like me to make something for you, I can definitely beat that price!

check out the site in my sig for pics of my truck.