• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Did some work over the break...

Turtle Bite

Got a chance to do a bunch of work on my rig over the break, still lots to do but getting there. Tons of snow in ellensburg last couple of days has been getting me way too excited for snow wheelin.

New paint, half doors, tailgate, seats. Still need to bolt my doors closed, there is no hope for hinges on the pass side so screw it.
100_0693.jpg

100_0694.jpg

100_0706.jpg

100_0703.jpg

100_0696.jpg

Installed beadlocks
100_0698.jpg

Put a th350 trans in instead of the 4l60E, changed to 23 spline marlin clocked adapter, added chromo output, drilled the flanges for the other patterns, changed crossmember to lower profile style
100_0699.jpg

100_0701.jpg

Still got a flat belly, but with the clocked adapter and new crossmember the tcases sit about 2" lower, way better driveline angle.
100_0700.jpg

On "the list"
shorten front driveline
make y-pipe fit around new tranny
mount/wire winch
put in harnesses
skidplate
send computer out for reprogram
find forward shift t-case shifter
rear fenderwells

Before you Finish........

Is that rear T-case mounting plate welded to your crossmember?:scratchhead: The reason I ask, is cuz if it is, and your engine is still on mounts, you'll break your trans in half from the engine torqueing on it's mounts, and the T-cases have nowhere to move---->PM Patches & ask him ; He's just gone thru the whole deal AFTER breaking 2,yes 2,TH400 cases because of his T-cases being solid-mounted, and engine still rubber-mounted. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, but from what I see, you're asking for carnage!!!!:eeek:

Everybody loves the dingle balls, that is the first thing I hear everytime somebody sees it.

In the pictures the tcase part of the crossmember is not finished, I basically welded a poly bushing to each end of that plate and drilled holes through the rectangular crossmember that then go through the bushings. It should be pretty tight but it is definitely not solid mounted.

Not going to tell you how to build you rig but if you use poly at the rear and rubber up front you are asking for trouble as well...The rubber will let things move much more possibly breaking trans i went that route and learned the hard way...My advice is keep all mounting material the same. Rubber or poly or all solid with a very stiff frame...No frame twist

I just helped a buuy sold weld his motor mounts last weekend for the same reason. Rubber in the front and welded on the T-case.
Nows its welded front and back.

I hear yah. The bushings on the motor mounts are the same kind as on the t-case, at pretty close to the same mounting width. I come home on the the strap more than any one I know, so somebody should tell me how to build it.