• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

diesel shop in the puyallup area

chance

i have a oil leak coming from the vally of my 1999 F250, i tried tracking it down but without pulling parts i can't find the leak. i would like to find someone to take a look at it for for me, please let me know if someone comes to mind.

1999 F250
7.3L
small lift
garret turbo
couple small mods

Is it oil or actually diesel puddling in the valley then running out the back and down the back by the bellhousing?

9 out of 10 times it is diesel from the fuel bowl O-rings and it gets dirty as it puddles and drips.

Is it oil or actually diesel puddling in the valley then running out the back and down the back by the bellhousing?

9 out of 10 times it is diesel from the fuel bowl O-rings and it gets dirty as it puddles and drips.

it looks like oil to me but i will check later, thanks

If it is dripping form the back of the block I would bet it is diesel.
This new gen fuel eats the O-rings and they will leak.

I have a 95 that I need to reseal as it started leaking this weekend also.

If it is dripping form the back of the block I would bet it is diesel.
This new gen fuel eats the O-rings and they will leak.

I have a 95 that I need to reseal as it started leaking this weekend also.

nope its oil, looks like it leaked a couple quarts of oil. Its coming from the vally down behind the starter.

Has a ticking noise coming from by the starter. Clutch fan was bad, fuel return check valve is weak, maybe a fuel pump making noise.

i have a oil leak coming from the vally of my 1999 F250, i tried tracking it down but without pulling parts i can't find the leak. i would like to find someone to take a look at it for for me, please let me know if someone comes to mind.

1999 F250
7.3L
small lift
garret turbo
couple small mods
You can clean the valley by taking a can or two of brake cleaner and shop air-start up by the HPOP on either side of the fuel bowl housing, and spray/blow from front to back until the valley sides are dry clear back under the turbo..Then take it for a spin, and check periodically for any trails of oil. HPOPs are the most common leakers, but the hpop lines could be the culprit, or the turbo pedestal orings or turbo itself are also possible.

If it's not the fittings my bet is the gasket for you hpop on the front, I had my leak and oil got everywhere started running down the back of the engine and bell housing, really easy to change and don't worry about the myth of the gear falling into the motor it will not just try not to drop the washer