• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dimple Dies

I've used them. Cut out the holes for my gauges and then dimpled them and now the gauges sit flus with the dash. Also dimple pieces of sheet metal and patch the area where my cage comes through the cab.

They add a nice touch to your work. Loves the ones I'm using, too bad they aren't mine.

Not sure about price.....the ones I'm using are free right now.:flipoff:

Their on my wish list. I almost bought a set from poly recently. I'm curious how they would hold up over time. Other sets I have seen are much more expensive, (light racing was one brand)

mightymouse said:
I've used them. Cut out the holes for my gauges and then dimpled them and now the gauges sit flus with the dash. Also dimple pieces of sheet metal and patch the area where my cage comes through the cab.

They add a nice touch to your work. Loves the ones I'm using, too bad they aren't mine.

Not sure about price.....the ones I'm using are free right now.:flipoff:

:wtf: I'm so happy that they are working for you Mouse...:flipoff:

The set he is using came from www.mittlerbros.com
they are in the sheetmetal seection I have had these for almost 10years now and to the best of my knowlage everyone else has used them more than I have..and they seem to be holding up fine..

...Oh and binder good to see you post RDC here..I'm known as ''SANDlessInSeattle'' over there...I have been a member since 2000 plus all my old desert racing buddies hang out there.....

Last edited:
My boss tought me how to make dimple dies like that and am amazed at how expensive they are as it is very little time on a manual lathe and most of those are made on a cnc lathe that prob spits them out in 15 mins a pop if that. Just never looked at how pricey those dang things are.

Theres another technique for forming sheet metal thats pretty cool. You can use a cnc mill with a ball instead of a cutter. Clamp the sheet over a hole of apropriate size, program the head to move around in a circle and move slowly into the material forming a depression, then cut out the center.

Theres another technique for forming sheet metal thats pretty cool. You can use a cnc mill with a ball instead of a cutter. Clamp the sheet over a hole of apropriate size, program the head to move around in a circle and move slowly into the material forming a depression, then cut out the center.
Never have tried that one before with the cnc might be an interesting solution to try some day when i have some time to play.

cisco said:

UMM I don't mean to be a **** but ....I would tend to think that the dimple dies are a bit cheaper than a CNC mill.....:kissmyass:

SCOOTER said:
UMM I don't mean to be a **** but ....I would tend to think that the dimple dies are a bit cheaper than a CNC mill.....:kissmyass:

Fawking engineers..:flipoff: I am gonna copy a set here soon and get my shop to start making them. From mild steel d-dies to chromo dies that are heat treated..I just need to borrow a set so i can measure them.

Bunk said:
Fawking engineers..:flipoff: I am gonna copy a set here soon and get my shop to start making them. From mild steel d-dies to chromo dies that are heat treated..I just need to borrow a set so i can measure them.

If I can get mine back from Mighty...maybe I could see my way clear to lend them to you for this ...Bunk get with some of your engineers...I would like to get a heavy duty set that would do upto 1/8'' (.125) right now this set is good upto 16ga....so I could lend em for a great deal on a HD set????

SCOOTER said:
If I can get mine back from Mighty...maybe I could see my way clear to lend them to you for this ...Bunk get with some of your engineers...I would like to get a heavy duty set that would do upto 1/8'' (.125) right now this set is good upto 16ga....so I could lend em for a great deal on a HD set????

I would think the dies for .125 are chromo, I think im just gonna buy a set from poly and go from there.