• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dirtbike street legal?

Robin I think he is referring to bikes like the 450x the tranny'z where locking up when used on the street and extended flat out runs...I think they(honda) fixed the problem by the 08 model year :cheer:

And as far as "plate'n'' your KX looks like you might need to buy some property in AZ. there DMV will plate anything..then transfer to WA.:masturbanana[1]:

Last edited:
The XR400 was made avail street legal in lots of other countrys just not the US. The XR400 holds over 2qts of oil so I never sweat it. :redneck:
XL350 is extremely similar transmission as far as I know.

And yes, the transmission oiling issue is what I was talking about. If the engines couldn't handle sustained high RPM, MX racing would be rather boring.

Last edited:
even if youre able to get a plate for any true dirt bike its not going to last long riding on the street/highway. the oiling systems on those bikes just cant keep up with the demand of extended high RPM's.

If it can handle the Baja 1000, it can handle the highway. If something fails then it's because of poor maintenance most likely. However, I do have a CRF450 and am aware of the problem of under-filling the transmission oil on these bikes. Factory recommendation calls for not enough oil in the transmission and it's standard practice to add 100mL more than factory.

Latest posts