• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Discovery Pass Locations...

Word is starting in September, not having SOME form of documentation (Be that whatever that is that's acceptable...) will result in a ticket...I will confirm this week.
As is ORV tabs/Discovery pass or insurance/registration/tittle??

Can you translate "documentation"? :beer:

As is ORV tabs/Discovery pass or insurance/registration/tittle??

Can you translate "documentation"? :beer:

No, I can't...hence what I wrote in parenthesis. If one wants to find out a loophole that may work for them, they'll have to do the research...when the time comes, I'll just buy the pass(es) as I don't have the time to find out how to save $35...unless of course someone else does do the research, and they divulge the info!:haha:

Absolutely true!....Case in point....Right now the DNR has plans to replace a bridge in Sultan Basin with the Discovery pass money.....How many motorized trails are there in Sultan basin?:rolleyes:

This is new information to me. Do you have any documintation to back this up, or are you just making crap up to stir the pot

No, I can't...hence what I wrote in parenthesis. If one wants to find out a loophole that may work for them, they'll have to do the research...when the time comes, I'll just buy the pass(es) as I don't have the time to find out how to save $35...unless of course someone else does do the research, and they divulge the info!:haha:

As I read this, has anyone checked into the WACs and RCWs for transfering a registration document between rigs and what that fine is

Borrowed this from PNWJeep...

Tractech said:
Saturday's Seattle Times had an article about the Discover Pass and how it was never intended to be non-transferable. It seems the legislature is hearing a lot of very negative feedback and changes are being considered.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016027712_discoverpass27.html

Discover Pass' 1-per-vehicle rule wildly unpopular
A bipartisan collection of 49 state legislators want to hold off enforcement of the new Discover Pass until the issue of transferability can be addressed by the 2012 Legislature.

By Scott Sandsberry

Yakima Herald-Republic

In the seven weeks since the Discover Pass became Washington state law, its most virulent detractors have railed against its most controversial aspect: nontransferability between vehicles. And while sales of the pass have remained brisk, there has definitely been a stiff blowback from some user groups, notably hunters.

"I haven't gone to get one and I'm not going to, because I think it's totally ridiculous," said Gerald Michael, a resident of the Nile Valley in Yakima County. "I have two pickup trucks, my wife has a Tahoe, we're in and out of the woods constantly."

Requiring one pass for each of those vehicles, he said, "is silly."

Many Washington state legislators feel exactly the same way.

Two weeks ago, 49 of them

Interesting read Dirk....would be alot easier to bite off just two passes if they were to allow 2 plates per pass...

This is new information to me. Do you have any documintation to back this up, or are you just making crap up to stir the pot

As I read this, has anyone checked into the WACs and RCWs for transfering a registration document between rigs and what that fine is

Above..Stan told us this at the focus group meeting Wed, you were there.

Below.....Again this was covered at the focus group meeting two months ago and you were there. No you can't transfer anything between two rigs but you can dual register for plates and ORV tags.:awesomework:

Above..Stan told us this at the focus group meeting Wed, you were there.

:

Ow I thought there was something that I missed. Acording to DNR in Olimpia, NO discovery pass monies will be spent on projects till the amount that they ask for ( $5.5 mil ) is met. There first concern is stablizing the DNR recreation program for it isn't grant fed. Stan did mention that there are funds avalible for projects out of there normal opperating budget that they get alotted for there NW region, This could be where the money is comming from for that

Ow I thought there was something that I missed. Acording to DNR in Olimpia, NO discovery pass monies will be spent on projects till the amount that they ask for ( $5.5 mil ) is met. There first concern is stablizing the DNR recreation program for it isn't grant fed. Stan did mention that there are funds avalible for projects out of there normal opperating budget that they get alotted for there NW region, This could be where the money is comming from for that

Then clearly there is something you missed.....I asked the question of how/ when is the discovery pass money distributed and the answer in a nutshell was the land managers have an allotment of how much they can spend based on the predicted income of discovery pass money. This money is spent before the pass money is collected. Stan went on to give examples of where he plans to spend his allotment and one of these examples was a bridge replaced in Sultan basin.:;

Ok so what do I need?

I drive my rig on the street as much as I do off-road, wich is a lot. If I purchase just the Discovery pass to go with my normal registration am I good to go? I go to Walker mostly if that helps...

You'll need a pass for Walker...if you drive there, just one is all you need....if you tow, you also need one for the tow rig.:mad:

just got my free one in the mail the other day. that work party thing worked out good, and i have half the hours for my second pass for the tow rig....who needs 35 stinking dollars....thats the loop hole!:masturbanana[1]:

I just learned somthing yesteday.

I was filing out the stuff to renew my permanent disability placard and was talking to someone. They mentioned the disability placard has many other benefits. One of which is free access to state land and parks. Sure enough, jumped on the dnr website and it gave me a link to the wa state RCW page. Sure enough, one of the perks of having the placard is the ability to hang in window and not need a discover pass. I was told to hang my pass in my window of my tow rig and cary my card on me in my wheeler. Good for life! Thought I would share? Plus it gets you 50% off camping fees most places too!

Exemptions to the Discover Pass

http://discoverpass.wa.gov/exemptions/

Updated: Week of Aug. 1, 2011

Your purchase of the Discover Pass supports recreation on state lands. However, you do not need to purchase the pass under certain circumstances. Download the "Do I need a Discover Pass?" chart (92KB PDF) or read the following information about exemptions to the Discover Pass:

So if they say your "transport vehicle" of ORV is street legal, it needs a pass. An ORV doesnt need a pass. They dont expect you to transport a street legal vehicle with a street legal vehicle. In there eyes, if it has plates and tabs/street legal (besides trailers), it needs a pass.

Latest posts