• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DMT Fab Transformer

jp fan said:
Sweet build and great looking shop

Thanks

Should be able to start placing the engine tomorrow. Started rebuilding my shocks and found that the intact shaft was bent. I set them aside because I only ordered one shaft. I have some work to do on the axles before I weld them. The weather lately has really been a drag. I'm ready for spring.

DSCF8185.jpg

DSCF8183.jpg

Re:

hjpcummins said:
We're are the updates on this.

After I moved off of our family farm, I changed jobs twice, had some down time and kind of put everything on the back burner. I couldnt really justify spending any money on my hobby when life was rocky. I'm back on my feet and I have been working on it as I find the motivation again. I moved all of my tools to my 19x20 two car garage, except the plasma table, the iron worker and the lift. My personal life was causing me to really butt heads with my dad who let me use the 1500 sf pole barn for my use, which really put the brakes on anything that I was working on. Life seems to be back on track and I have all the parts and tubing to finish it, so hopefully I can stay on it and get it done for summer.

nhl_bullitt said:
Hey bud! Hope all is well now. Keep the updates coming! 8)

Thanks, I just checked out your new setup, it looks badass.

I uploaded a few pics of some work that I have done. I was holding off on doing the tube work until I either built or bought a roller. I ended up getting the Hulk from Swag. I am not going to have a ton of rolled tube, , but I will have some here and there.

I like bouncers, but I would rather have a FJ rig. This has been the plan from the get go and I am sticking to it. I don't like the look of conventional stinger bumpers anymore, so I am doing a push bar setup. The ends will be trimmed before I am done. The cage isn't even close to being done, so ignore the plain jane look.

Last few for now.

I used some 5/16 AR plate to box my lowers

over kill on the truss

**** PRP and their lack of a jig/fixture. The tabs are soooo far off. Didnt care on my last buggy, I do this time..

Describes my mantra

Gotta take up vertical space when you can't spread your arms

Cool fuel tank I made brackets for, going into a '64 F100

We caught this guy December 12 when cutting trees for the Moonlight Racing Bounty hill. Weird that he was out.

Lastly, its a tight squeeze, but I can get half my toys in here

Re: DMT Fab Transformer

Nice fab work!! I love me some cruiser buggies too. Here's a buddy of mines to help provide you some motorvation.
46701934e8bad6f107d7d65d531ff1ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, I really like your progress and you're doing a great job, but this :

6090036351_5757e6c4b6_b.jpg

had an amazing look 8)