• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR is getting ready to pass some new laws not all of them are good

mud4funtoy

They got some good ideas and some bad one also.

I don't really like that they want to pass a rule that says that you cant pick up or collect firewood from the woods. Bringing firewood from home to go to the wilderness WOW

Also they want quite time at 10 pm to include not being able to run a generator between the hours of 10 pm - 7 am

here are the meeting times and places where we get a chance to speak out about what we don't like, It is our only chance and if we dont take it then we will half to deal with there new rules I Plan on going to the meeting in olympia
June 19
I hope some of you will come with me. some of these rules are not good and we need to make sure they don't try to pass a rule that says we cant be on the road at night.

Formal opportunity to comment will be at the scheduled public hearings. All hearings are scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m. on the following dates and locations:

June 10th, Tuesday - Mount Vernon, Best Western Cotten Tree

June 12th, Thursday, Port Angeles, Senior Community Center

June 17th, Tuesday, Hoquiam, Timberland Library *** Issaquah, King Co. Library

June 18th, Wednesday, Vancouver, Red Lion Inn *** Ellensburg, Central WA. University

June 19th, Thursday, Olympia, Phoenix Inn Suites *** Omak, Sun Valley Restaurant

June 25th, Wednesday, Spokane, Hilton Garden Inn

Feel free to contact Doug McClelland at 206-920-5907 or email at
<[email protected]> concerning changes once the draft language is available after May 21st.

I sent a letter to Doug McLelland a few weeks back about the campfire wood. The geonerator rule is pretty consistent with any campground use because some generators are VERY loud and obnoxoius. Now, put in some pay hook up sites and I'd be happy!

I sent a letter to Doug McLelland a few weeks back about the campfire wood. The geonerator rule is pretty consistent with any campground use because some generators are VERY loud and obnoxoius. Now, put in some pay hook up sites and I'd be happy!

I think also in that section it also stated no reving of engines meaning you not being able to run your vehicle at night and I may be wrong but it sounded like it was for all dnr land not just the camp ground.

We need to get some people there so we can ask these questions and so we can state there importance to us.

I think also in that section it also stated no reving of engines meaning you not being able to run your vehicle at night and I may be wrong but it sounded like it was for all dnr land not just the camp ground.

Revving of engines does not mean you can't run your vehicle. The DNR already has rules that state that you're not allowed to run at night and that already includes all DNR land. Night runs are not allowed on DNR land.

( WOW )

That would be cool to get a hundred or so. That might get our point accross to them

(WOW)

Revving of engines does not mean you can't run your vehicle. The DNR already has rules that state that you're not allowed to run at night and that already includes all DNR land. Night runs are not allowed on DNR land.

Well I think that is a rediculas rule, what if your rig breaks down and your just trying to get it off the trail within there 72 hour limit.

Or what if you live really far away and buy the time you get off work, get everything loaded and get to the camp ground at midnight. That includes running your rig on DNR land at night.

Fact is we are giving them to much authority to write tickets look at how many they are writing up at evens creek and no one is trying to do anything to change it.

(WOW)

Well I think that is a rediculas rule, what if your rig breaks down and your just trying to get it off the trail within there 72 hour limit.

Or what if you live really far away and buy the time you get off work, get everything loaded and get to the camp ground at midnight. That includes running your rig on DNR land at night.

Fact is we are giving them to much authority to write tickets look at how many they are writing up at evens creek and no one is trying to do anything to change it.

(WOW)

Yes your right an we all know it whats next?

I think you guys are reading wayyyyy to much into this. The rules are just giving them the ability to ticket if needed. It dosent mean that you cant drive into camp after 10. It just means you cant drive in at 12 and rev the crap out of your motor then do doughnuts in the parking lot. Theres also this place called court where you have every right to contest any ticket you may recieve. I am glad their trying to bring back a little civility to camping:awesomework:

I think you guys are reading wayyyyy to much into this. The rules are just giving them the ability to ticket if needed. It dosent mean that you cant drive into camp after 10. It just means you cant drive in at 12 and rev the crap out of your motor then do doughnuts in the parking lot. Theres also this place called court where you have every right to contest any ticket you may recieve. I am glad their trying to bring back a little civility to camping:awesomework:

(WOW) for some us working folk its pretty hard to get the weekend off to go wheeling let alone get a week day off to go fight a ticket

Last edited:

WOW
Let me tell you a story.
about 3 years ago DNR posted up sighns that said no driving on DNR land at night. We as wheelers were told don't worry about it it only applies to thugs. I hosted a work party and some of the folks decided to spend the night so they went to town ( Ashford ) to get some beer, food and gas. On there way back to camp they found a DNR cop parked accross the road and they got a $100.00 fine for being on the road at night. Well you know me I threw a big fit about it and got those sighns taken down.

This is what I am talking about it is ok to support laws that make sense but lets not let them impose laws that don't.

I'm going to be at the meeting and We all need to make a effort to get there.

(WOW)

whattttttt :eeek:

WOW It figures you'd take that seriously,:looser:

I'm in the customer sevice bussiness, and the company I work for is the best in the country at what we do. So they have very high standards for there employees and demand alot out of them:

Umm no. He was seriously asking "What?". As in, "what was that conglomeration of words supposed to mean?"

It took me a few tries, but I think I got it. And I agree with archer. If you have to perform sexual favors to get a weekend off, and there is no hope of getting a weekday off even with plenty of advance warning (the reason shouldn't matter), it's time to find a new place to work.

I'm in the customer sevice bussiness, and the company I work for is the best in the country at what we do. So they have very high standards for there employees and demand alot out of them:

what can I say:rolleyes: If your in customer service and you behave with clients as you behave on here its no wonder your boss makes you work so much. You must have a ton of damage to fix. and yea it was a simple reading jibberish comprehension issue. English as a second language huh.:haha:

(WOW) for some us working folk its pretty hard to get the weekend off to go wheeling let alone get a week day off to go fight a ticket

Hopefully this makes a little more sense. The point I was trying to make was it would be alot easier to not let the stupid laws pass, than take time off to go fight a ticket

Latest posts