• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR rules and proposed rules

Fordzuki

Zuk Hoarder
This was just sent to me in an e-mail, I thought it would be a good thing to share with you folks.

Link to existing rules
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=332-52

Link to proposed rules

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/laws/wsr/2008/10/08-10-059.htm

WSR 08-10-059
PROPOSED RULES

DEPARTMENT OF

NATURAL RESOURCES

[ Filed May 5, 2008, 11:54 a.m. ]

Original Notice.

Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 04-19-146.

Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Public access and recreation on lands managed by the department of natural resources (DNR).

Hearing Location(s): Best Western Cotton Tree, Mount Vernon, on Tuesday, June 10, 2008, at 6:00 p.m.; at the Senior Community Center, Port Angeles, on Thursday, June 12, 2008, at 6:00 p.m.; Team 1 at the Timberland Library, Hoquiam, and Team 2 at the King County Library, Issaquah, on Tuesday, June 17, 2008, at 6:00 p.m.; Team 1 at the Red Lion, Vancouver, and Team 2 at the Central Washington University, Ellensburg, on Wednesday, June 18, 2008, at 6:00 p.m.; Team 1 at the Phoenix Inn Suites, Olympia, and Team 2 at the Sun Valley Restaurant, Omak, on Thursday, June 19, 2008, at 6:00 p.m.; and at the Hilton Garden Inn, Spokane, on Wednesday, June 25, 2008, at 6:00 p.m.

Date of Intended Adoption: September 2, 2008.

Submit Written Comments to: Mary Coacher, 1111 Washington Street S.E., P.O. Box 47014, Olympia, WA 98504-7014, e-mail [email protected], fax (360) 902-1600, by July 8, 2008.

Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Washington department of natural resources by June 6, 2008, TTY (360) 902-1156.

Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: The purpose of chapter 332-52 WAC is to set standards for public use on lands managed by DNR. The primary objective of these rules is to promote public safety and protect DNR-managed lands, property and resources (pursuant [to] RCW 43.12.065 in accordance with chapter 34.05 RCW). These rules govern public behavior on:

I'm going to send a letter arguing about the use of firewood for the fires. Have the fun of having a campfire is finding the wood in and around the area. Now cutting down trees to create firewood is a problem but picking up some logs for a campfire is a LOT better than using the picnic tables!

The rest of it pretty much makes sense.

i see some of these rules RTW needs to be aware of as it effects us. ill post on the RTW forumn the two that i see as affecting us the most for discussion there.

Thanks Gibby

Pay to play. I like the idea of permits and i would not be against spending a couple hundred a year if it helps keep our sport intact.

Pay to play. I like the idea of permits and i would not be against spending a couple hundred a year if it helps keep our sport intact.

When was the last time you wheeled? When do you anticipate wheeling next?

I ask, because I was under the impression you no longer own a wheeling rig. So, your statement seems a little unlikely that you'd actually ever spend a penny.

That said, I'd pay to play. But only under duress. Not that I'd sneak in, or anything like that. It's just that I'd fight hard against ANY rule that would cause me to pay for the 'privaledge' to go four wheeling.

And so too would I believe the horsemen, hikers, snowmobilers, campers, backpackers, etc. , they all would fight to not have to pay.