• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

do i need triple bypass shocks too?

tomcat404

Evening all,

Well I have a very very slow build thread, for a winch challenge truck here in the UK. The axles are spidertrax with my own portal boxes and running 44" boggers. I have a 40KG winch on the front and about 100KG of winches on the rears and center plus on occasion perhaps a spare 40" tyre when i run my maxxis tyres?

So my question is based on the experience of you gents..... do i need to have triple bypass shocks in addition to my 14" 2.5" coilovers and fox 4.0 bump stops????? ??? ??? :dunno:

the types of events are crawling and winching over daft angles and through mud with only moderate speed... however it would be nice to enter a few brisk events?? any advise??

Re:

No. Save the money and spend it in tuning the coilovers. The king of the hammers race in the US can be ran with just 2.5 coilovers.

hi, i already have a build thread but it does need updating lol !
i will find it now and try and revive it :eek:

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
No. Save the money and spend it in tuning the coilovers. The king of the hammers race in the US can be ran with just 2.5 coilovers.

DO EXACTLY WHAT HE SAYS!!! I laugh my ass off everytime I see a buggy with triple bypass shocks and yet the axles still move just like they are running leaf springs. Its funny as hell. Most of the buggy's out there might have "live" axles under them, but they move as if their "dead"