• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do you regret selling your buggy/truck for a RZR?

That Toyota is flashemifyougotem I'm in the same boat right now. I have a built toyota "truggy" that I'm absolutely in love with after having several rigs over the last few years. My brother & I have been talking about getting rzr's for a cpl yrs but didn't wanna drop the coin for one. Well, he just bout a used 800, mainly for his wife, so now my wife wants one. Even tho we don't get to wheel enough to justify having 2 rigs, it'd be nice to have a cpl extra seats on the long weekends for friends or family to come play. I refuse to give up my buggy for something I'm not sure if I will like or not, so I'm gonna bust my ass, save some money, & buy a used unit in a year or so, probably a 900 so it'll fit on my trailer with the buggy. So, my opinion. .... Don't sell the truck!

kmcminn said:
BDRAKE always says he wishes he wouldn't have sold his Jeep.

Yup! Worse thing I've ever done, RZRs are fun for sure but once you have had a capable crawler you won't be happy with a RZR unless you just wanna haul ass around on trail, They are not Crawlers!

Re:

Buy a Geo tracker. They're dirt cheap to buy, parts are readily available and cheap. I take mine as a back up rig every year to Harlan and follow the Rzrs around just fine.

Really appreciate some of the enlightenment on the subject. I think most of you are right, that I would regret selling the truck for a RZR and getting a loan for a toy isn't an option that I'm interested in. My dad is looking to upgrade his '11 800s (power steering and a boatload of upgrades) to get a new 900s so he offered it to me for 8k. So, thats where the debate came from. Maybe I'll sell the trials bike and a few parts and save for a bit.

As drake said ...DO NOT DO IT....I did and regret it everyday....that being said I have neither now and probably never will due to the time it takes to build one and the want to drop a ton of money to build a rig that I would be happy with again that I would only ride maybe 6 times a year.

i owned both at the same time and never rode the RzR, I sold the Crawler and only had SxS's for a couple years and logged at least 3500 miles on them, Then bought the crawler back and sold the RzR......... SxS's are fun an cheap to operate compared to a crawler, but don't replace the fun had in a rig. KEEP THE CRAWLER

I've had the same mindset as the majority of the guys in this thread the whole time I was building mine. My rzr is considerably different than everyone else's obviously but after 3 rides with it but so far I'm happy with it. It actually does great crawling I was extremely impressed. Again mine is totally different than anything you can buy but I've crawled stuff that my xj and tons of other rigs struggle on. Only reason we figure mine is so much different on the rocks than a factory rzr is the size and weight. At 94" wb, 66" width, 32" tires, 16" under the belly, 24" at the rockers and only 50" wide at the door I'm basically the same footprint as a factory 2dr jk with twice the clearance and only 25-30% of the total weight.

Would I sell a nice crawler to buy a factory rzr, wouldn't even consider it. Am I happy with my rzr buggy, yes. Do I feel the need to get another crawler, not yet but time will tell. What do I refer to my buggy as, the gayzr. :****:

I cannot speak from experience of a rzr but having a rhino. I take my sxs or 4 wheeler anytime I have the crawler on the trailer. For speed and quick maneuvers a sxs is hard to beat, but they will not go up some hills/rocks a trail rig will. I usually ride the crawler 1 part of the day for climbing and playing, if it breaks I get the sxs out and finish the day in a faster but less capable rig and do a lot of watching or different style riding. The sxs can go places a crawler cannot but a crawler can go places a sxs cannot. If you have weight issues when towing I recommend a sxs only. If weight is not an issue pick your poison. If pocket book and space allows a sxs and crawler are compliments to each other at the same wheeling location.

kmcminn said:
unless it is size of trail related?

That's the answer. just smaller trails...you could say that you can jump a RzR and not a Crawler but KMcMinn's avatar shits on that idea! :driving:

I bought a rhino to use while my rig is under going a huge rebuild. While I actually use it more for hunting than actual wheeling I know that a SxS could never replace my rig. Sure they are fun to bomb around on but once you have a well built rig it's just hard to ever that feeling again from a SxS and you can't do similar stuff. I'm going to keep mine as a backup rig because I have trailer space and it gets used every other weekend during hunting season.

I thought about doing the same thing but I got to looking at the time and work I had in mine so I jump ship on the idea also..my yoda has been in my buddy family and my friends so long that I could let it go. still have the bill of sale when my buddy uncle drove it off the car lot. :dblthumb:

I have had 2 rzrs and a teryx in the last few years. but I always go back to a crawler. I like the crawler crowd better, they talk shop more, are a little older, and aren't in a hurry. I think it boils down to who you like to ride with, not so much the machine. seems like two different crowds, at least that has been my experience. I still have both, but I always drive my 83' yota and my wife drives the rzr. I also ride with guys that build their rigs not buy them for the most part. not intentional, just always ends up that way.

I've got two Rockwell crawlers,a chaindrive rail buggy, and a 800 rzrs and I got friends that have one of the other that I have so I've got pretty much all the offroad covered but I do bairly take the rzr out mostly because as hard on **** as I am I will break it. But there is a place for each one I just don't like taking the rzr on trail rides with rigs because I feel left out because the get to climb something cool and then here I am in a dam rzr and can't climb it or try and climb it and then shits broke :****: