• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do you regret selling your buggy/truck for a RZR?

JRoach321

http://s422.photobucket.com/user/hondatooner1/medi
I am really struggling with this decision. . . I have soo much time and money tied into my '79 that I'm having a hard time listing it for sale. I love the thing and have always told myself I wouldn't sell it but I have really been tossing around the idea of a RZR. Do any of you regret getting a RZR and getting out of the Truck/buggy category? Here is my 79 so you can understand my dilemma.

I tell you what, I did the exact opposite and traded my rzr for my Toyota....

is it more expensive to have a rig? why heck yeah it is
is it a pain in the rear end when they break? of course
will you regret it? I bet a heck of a lot more guys regret it than don't...

would I ever trade it back for another rzr? not a snowballs chance in hell

you have what looks like a really nice truck man.. I wouldn't trade it for a rzr..if you want one save up a little bit and buy one and see if you like it, they are getting pretty cheap,
if you don't like it you can always sell a rzr

just my 2c...nice truck thumb.gif

Re:

You couldn't get a RZR that would make you happy for what you could get for your truck, therefore it doesn't make sense to sell the truck to get a RZR.

(At least that is the way I feel about built Toyota vs RZR)

Re:

I bought a rzr 800s about a month ago for the wife to ride around in and for us to just do some trail riding. It's a fun little toy, but if I had sold my jeep to get it, I'd be pissed! I don't seem to enjoy it nearly as much as my jeep. It's faster, rides better, just doesn't satisfy me the way the Jeep does. If all you do is light trail riding you may be happy, but if not I'd keep the truck

Ive enjoyed the rzrs more than the trucks. They go more places,fit more places,which opens up alot more riding places. But would i sell to buy?? Id keep my truck and buy a rzr. You can always selk one of them later if you want.

Pretty much all the people I know that are happier with RZRs than trucks are people that didnt build or maintain their rigs themselves.

Be it because of time constraints, lack of skill, laziness, or whatever.
Now I don't mean that in a negative way, so no one get their panties in a bunch laughing1

I think it takes more dedication to have a "real" rig, be it time/money/tools/shop space, and people have different priorities in life.

I could have bought a few rzrs for the $ I've spent on building trucks over the past 10 years.
If I had it to do over I'd probably have gotten more serious about dual sport motorcycles and taking longer trips to more places.

I just bought a nice rhino to wheel until my buggy gets done. Hopefully I can hold on to it after the buggy complete to have a " backup " rig.
The "fun" of the small rig goes away pretty quick. I would have been suicidal if I would have sold out for a SxS.
That being said I have a rhino not a rzr 1000 so I don't know.
Everyone that enjoys the build and improving their rig I would think would prefer a full size.

Re:

I currently have both a full size rig and a XP 900. I like both. Really like the RZR for trail riding and speed. But I don't think I could get rid of the buggy because I will always like trying to hit the harder ledges and trails. Although the RZR is a capable machine there are some things it just can't do without destroying it. But that goes for my buggy too. LOL

I went to Stoney lonesome with my jeep last year. The park was infested with rzr. I was surprised how quickly they found the limitations of them. You watch the videos and you think they can go anywhere, but what I noticed was a Med size ledge or drop off or a break over that bottomed them out would stop a whole group. One or two would try it. Almost roll or bottom out hard and the whole group would turn around. Especially when guys got $20000 wrapped up in one. I couldn't justify rolling one down a hill.

I'm in between the decision making right now, I have had cab trucks earlier and have had my lil buggy about 4 or 5 years now. Bought a Rzr 800 a few months ago so maybe the wife could ride with me some, which she has, just made a trip to Windrock and rode 2 days. Don't think I need both for sure but both are fun to ride, although some sxs riders make me think twice about being put in the same category with them. Any way just my 2cts.

Bama said:
Ive enjoyed the rzrs more than the trucks. They go more places,fit more places,which opens up alot more riding places. But would i sell to buy?? Id keep my truck and buy a rzr. You can always selk one of them later if you want.
. Go more places? Not being a ass, but I can back up more places than a gayzor will go.

Re: Re: Re: Do you regret selling your buggy/truck for a RZR?

zukimaster said:
. Go more places? Not being a ass, but I can back up more places than a gayzor will go.
THIS!!!!!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Do you regret selling your buggy/truck for a RZR?

zukimaster said:
My favorite post for the day

Geez,,, thin skinned i guess.......go more places,as in,more riding areas.any off road park,atv park,or about any trail an atv can fit down. Ive had trucks that were so big you had to have a damn cow pasture to get around in,thats my point....

Bama said:
Geez,,, thin skinned i guess.......go more places,as in,more riding areas.any off road park,atv park,or about any trail an atv can fit down. Ive had trucks that were so big you had to have a damn cow pasture to get around in,thats my point....

A suzuki can fit where a razr can, is cheapers, and street legal. Hell, a new 1000 is the size of a TJ....

Suzuki sammis stock were 60.5" wide.add wheels and tires they got a good bit wider than that.Jeep lists the 2007 and newer tjs at 73" wide.thats with stock offset wheels.A new 1000 is 64" wide same as a 900.a 800 s is 60". A reg rzr is 50". I sold a 88 tintop on 33's to buy my first rzr.it had 6.5:1 case gears,spool in the rear, and locker in the front.i ran ruf springs with 2" backspaced wheels.i know plenty about sammis,and i know i like ridin the rzrs better. Its opinion,the op asked for them, and im giving mine.....