• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge dually tires?

Pineygroveoffroad said:
I just now seen the gtfo musta hit it on accident my bad man. Are you happy with running the spacers? Thanks for the info! I bought a leveling kit for my 12 Dodge dually but after seen all this I might just leave it alone. Again sorry about that!

Haha, I thought it might have been a mistake lol. Yeah I've had a leveling kit sitting in the basement for over a year now...I think I'm just gonna sell it or put it on a 1/2 ton Dodge I'm looking at buying.

Pineygroveoffroad said:
I just now seen the gtfo musta hit it on accident my bad man. Are you happy with running the spacers? Thanks for the info! I bought a leveling kit for my 12 Dodge dually but after seen all this I might just leave it alone. Again sorry about that!

No worries man. I figured you were being sarcastic and couldn't believe, like me, that I ruined a set of tires so fast.

Anyway, I can't speak for the dodges and leveling, but I don't think in my case that has anything to do with the tire wear. GM has torsion bars and a-arms and I went the "correct" way and instead of cranking up the bars, spent the money on new a-arms that are made to factor in the increased ball joint angle if that makes sense.

As for the spacers......I was about to cheap out on them and then I called and talked to Fred at Wheel Adapter and he was very knowledgeable and friendly and pretty well sold me on how his spacers are made using Timken Steel, are hub and bolt centric, and he has not had any failures come back. Considering my family rides in here, along with others sharing the roadways with their families, I didn't think a few hundred was worth risking it. The only drawback to running spacers and wide tires IMO, is when it rains just the slightest bit and the road is wet, the truck is instantly dirty.

Re:

Amazing because I've got cranked T bars (had it aligned after I cranked them 200k miles ago) and cheap eBay lug centric spacers and I get 70-80k miles out of a set of tires. (On my 4th set now)

I run 275/65-20 on a srw truck though

Re:

TBItoy said:
Amazing because I've got cranked T bars (had it aligned after I cranked them 200k miles ago) and cheap eBay lug centric spacers and I get 70-80k miles out of a set of tires. (On my 4th set now)

I run 275/65-20 on a srw truck though

I didn't mean anything negative by my comment. I have ran the last 2 trucks I've owned with fully cranked keys and 285 tires on 18" wheels. I didn't drive them enough to get 70-80K miles, but I definitely had ZERO tire wear issues on either truck. When I bought this truck it was all stock and rode so much better than my 2000 K2500 that I started looking hard at leveling kit options in order to keep that smooth ride. (smooth for a 1 ton truck anyways). So I figured that with my luck if I bought just keys and shock extenders I'd not like it so I went with the new arms, longer shocks, etc.

Anyway, thinking more about all of this I think the wheel width is why I see SO many guys running 285-75's on single wheel trucks. Same as I have run in the past before I went to a dually. The stock rim on a single wheel is just a tad wider than a dually wheel. That little bit might help prevent what I THINK is happening, which is my tires "roll" on the edges in turns and cause this wear. That is my new theory anyway. Until I throw down the money on the 255 tire, I guess I won't really know the answer.

My truck rims are actually 6" wide. (16" diameter)

PY2__________PY0____________NZ7___________
Usage:_____2500HD (Std)__2500HD (Opt)___3500 SRW (Opt)

Size:______16"x6.5"______16"x6.5"_______16"x7.0"__ ___

Re:

I didn't take any thing negative, I can't believe yours is wearing tires like that.

Must be the wheel width.

I don't remember seeing, but I assume you are running max pressure?

Thank you for all you guy's input. He ended up going with a 295 70 17 trail grap. Seem to be riding great. Hopefully they wear good.
47d70cc5dc0313eea0d05ca0c88f03af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpf500 said:
How are the tires doing?
Any idea what the width is on the factory wheels?

Riding and doing good it seems like. About 1000 miles on them so far. Truck seemed to float a little when he first got it back. Tire place put a ridiculous amount of air in them. Let out quite a bit and she rides as good as a dually could. Lol I would like for the wheels to be a little more wider. But it looks good and gets compliments everywhere. Think I've got him talked into different wheels sometime next year. Haven't had any trouble with spacers either. Locktite the **** out of them and retorqued them after 500 miles. None had moved a bit. So he's pretty happy so far