• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge Ram Question

semperfi1919

Wanting to see if anyone else has seen this and if so what was the fix.. My truck. 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 srw with Cummins. My Problem. Started truck up. My Bully Dog programmer didn't come on. The air bag light came on and is staying on. Only controls working on my AC/heat controller is the fan switch. Will not switch from vent to defrost or floor. A.C. button doesn't work and heated mirror button doesn't work. At first it thought maybe controller was fried but after doing research I've seen lots of people have had this same issue but never seen anyone post a fix. I have checked all my fuses and they are good... Any ideas.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does the bully dog plug into your obd port? My dad has a 04 with a edge and something with the plug would cause the edge to not turn on and would put thetruck in retard mode until you shut it down then it wouldnt start back up.

Could be completely in related but my ac controls stopped working and windows when the stupid hybrid fan clutch wiring got mangled in the fan. Replaced fan clutch and wiring everything started working. :dunno:

YES Bully Dog plugs into OBD. It has a switch on it where you can turn it on all the time or it is wired into anothernplug that only supplies power when key is on. Nothing has changed. I haven't had any work done other than #4 injector line blew. I changed it out but no wires have been messed with.

Intergraded power control module is a possibility also. Basically the under hood fuse block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllenW said:
Intergraded power control module is a possibility also. Basically the under hood fuse block
O

My luck. That's probably it cause I believe it's around $500 with $200 core charge....lol

Yep real close. Put 2 of them on the 05 I had. Sold it with the abs light on no more 3rd gen dodges for me

They are know To have problems. I have no left turn for trailers and reverse lights come and go. I'm on my second panel

Eddyj said:
They are know To have problems. I have no left turn for trailers and reverse lights come and go. I'm on my second panel

This...we've put 2 on my pop's 06 truck. The ABS and brake light comes and goes still. The turn signals for the trailer plug come and go and the A/C also. It's been a problem with Dodges since the beginning of time...Dodge builds a pretty good truck but the wiring is pure ****...something you just learn to live with if your a Dodge fan :****:

my 06 does crazy stuff also, i've replaced the blower motor, resistor and control panel and it still won't run on low fan speed 99% of the time and now the backup lights have quit and the radio screen has went blank and the only thing that works is volume and power, can't change station switch to satellite radio or even cd