• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge Upgrades

Wildman1

Okay I just ordered a bunch of stuff for my truck. I already have the Edge Juice w/Attitude. I got the AFE Stage II cold air intake today, the Banks High Ram intake & MBRP 5" exhaust today. Still waiting for the BD exhaust manifold to come in.

So my question is this? What next? Once all this stuff is on do I go to injectors next? New Turbo? Or other? Just looking for ideas down the road. Won't be 6 months before I do anything else. The main reason all this started is because I have 2 broken bolts on the rear of my exhaust.

This is a 2002 Ram2500 4x4 QuadCab w/4speed auto.

your going to need to upgrade that tranny before you put any more power in it, im in the same boat as you mines almost ready to go too.

Yes a new tranny is on the list. Have been researching on who & which is the better option. There are a lot of choices out there.

Deffinatly do the Trans next.

Next power add-on would depend on what you do with the truck--injectors run a little cheaper but produce higher EGT's from more fuel, a new turbo would also be good. I use trucks to tow so I would do the turbo-then injectors and at the same time as injectors upgrade fuel delivery to the pump.

depends on the money you want to spend.

turbo(s) 500to5500
transmission 5000to8000
injectors 300to1200

what year truck?

fuel system upgrade is a definete.
do you have a fuel pressure gauge?
if not you will want to get one before your lift pump goes out and causes 2k to fix your injection pump. common problem.

you can get a BD fuel pressure LED system for about $45.

Agree with the fuel pressure gauge. Have you upgraded the fuel lift pump? Fass? Walbro? Does your Edge model have gauges? A cheap turbo upgrade would be to add one of a manual transmission truck. I think the auto's came with an HY-9, while the manual was Hx35.

Also, add a DSS and 3rd gen tracbar.

Last edited:
I have done the fuel system already. Was one of my first mods. Vulcan big line kit & now a Holley Blue fuel pump. Next is a draw straw from Vulcan. I have the Edge Juice w/Attitude which has a fuel pressure gauge on it. Also has a trans temp, EGT's, & Boost. I forget what other readings you can have up. Those are the 4 I have. Also has alarms for pretty much everthing else that can go wrong.

Well yesterday was a good day for me & my truck. I had started taking the exhaust manifold off Friday & only had two left. Got the manifold off and was hoping beyond hope that the two broken broken bolts would come out easy. Well one must have worked it's way out because there was only one broken piece left to get out.
IMGP0906.jpg

IMGP0903.jpg

New manifold next to old one. New is a BD.
IMGP0902.jpg

Mounted on the engine.
IMGP0905.jpg

I couldn't believe how much bigger the 5" pipe was.
IMGP0908.jpg

IMGP0914.jpg

IMGP0910.jpg

Wow I can't belive just how much this added to my power of the truck. This thing has got some ZIP now!!.

Latest posts