• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

does any one know anything about this Jeep

s10me

Spoiled Rott'n Racing
IMG_0064_zps8b2d85f0.jpg

Boss man is looking to buy it, been for sell for a while

Says he has been around a while but I'm not sure, says he has some tube buggies but no pics online

Sent from my phone using my thumbs!

Pretty sure it was built by Underground Offroad in Birmingham, probably around 05-06? Built by a guy by the name of Mike something... can't remember his last name it's been a while. Oldschool but seemed to be very strong and reliable back in its day.

Speeding said:
Pretty sure it was built by Underground Offroad in Birmingham, probably around 05-06? Built by a guy by the name of Mike something... can't remember his last name it's been a while. Oldschool but seemed to be very strong and reliable back in its day.

It does look like one of Mike Ward's old Jeeps. They were bomb-proof. It has an LS1, right? Probably an SM465 and NP205, too, right?

He built 2 Jeeps that looked very similar with similar drive trains. The first one was his rig and he beat it to death, sold the chassis to someone in Birmingham. It was camo green, he called it The Heep, and last I saw was a rusted up beat to death chassis sitting in the buyer's yard. That was probably around '05.

The other one he built for a guy named Randy. (Don't know his last name.) I want to say it was maroon but it could have been painted since. I eventually stopped seeing Randy around the trails, don't know what happened to him or the Jeep. That Jeep could be it though.

Both Jeeps were pretty much bomb proof. The Heep took years of abuse and Mike eventually bought Franky Fountain's Toyota buggy to replace it and then eventually built his own V8 blue buggy on tons after that. Its been a while since I heard from Mike. Not sure if he wheels or not anymore.

Actually, as I look at the pic more, that yard / shop looks kind of like where I last saw the The Heep chassis on the ground. So it could be that that Jeep is the original Heep revived to its original glory. Mike Wards's screen name on Pirate is Heep86 but I haven't seen him post in years.

patooyee said:
The other one he built for a guy named Randy. (Don't know his last name.) I want to say it was maroon but it could have been painted since. I eventually stopped seeing Randy around the trails, don't know what happened to him or the Jeep.

That was Randy Fincher and his wife Becky. They moved to Smith Lake and are all into the lake thing, they do have a SXS and attend some of Keith Bailey's rides. Don't know where the Jeep ended up.

Maroon, then blue.

I almost positive the blue one is in MO now. A good friend of mine bought it last september. It has Underground Offroad on the side of the hood. It had a bad body roll issue when he got it, added a sway bar and that thing is a beast!!
I tried to find info about Underground. They still in business or just a very small operation??

Cask16 said:
I almost positive the blue one is in MO now. A good friend of mine bought it last september. It has Underground Offroad on the side of the hood. It had a bad body roll issue when he got it, added a sway bar and that thing is a beast!!
I tried to find info about Underground. They still in business or just a very small operation??

His pinion brakes are no longer on eBay. Last I spoke to Mike he was kind of drifting away from 4x4's, concentrating on career / life. I saw him in his blue buggy at Grayrock a year or two ago and he wouldn't hit anything in fear of scratching the powder coat. Just seemed like he wasn't all into it anymore. He was one of my first "wheeling buddies," helped me out a bunch on my first trip out, nice guy.