• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Double shear steering

Metchosin joe

In the middle of building my full hydro set up and I was planning on making it double shear at the steering arms but my buddies say I'm going overkill....
My setup is a tg double ended ram and nwf full hydro arms on keyed SOLID knuckles.
Is double shear worth the work or will the 3/4" bolt be sufficient?

If you've ever broken a knuckle way back in the trail you wouldn't think it was overkill.

Steering are brakes are two things that are hard to overkill on in my opinion.

I've snapped a few hi steer studs on my knuckles and will just be replacing with your setup....the solid keyed knuckles and their 6 bolt arms. I'm just running a single ended ram, but want to fix it and forget it.

even if it's "overkill" I think it helps keep the bolt from loosening which leads to breaking

Looks great now tie it into the factory tierod location as well. I've seen ALOT of those Solid highsteer arms bend.

I don't feel there is any significant advantage of doing it that way. To me double sheer ties it to the factory steering location so all the twist is not on the top of the knuckle.

Re: Re: Re: Double shear steering

gubni said:
I don't feel there is any significant advantage of doing it that way. To me double sheer ties it to the factory steering location so all the twist is not on the top of the knuckle.
Bingo

Re: Re: Re: Double shear steering

tonybolton said:

here was my set up

Attachments

• 20140304_230958.jpeg
    20140304_230958.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 107

Latest posts