• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dovetailing how?

Get going REALLY fast in reverse and hit something. Should take a good 6-8 inches off the back. :redneck:

It really all depends on what vehicle you're bobbing. When I bobbed my dads ranger, I was able to cut 14 inches out, and the rearmost bedbolts then bolted into the center bolt holes in the frame. The rest is just being able to cut a straight line, and weld sheetmetal back together.

As for the doving, someone else will have to chime in, cause I'd say just smash into something till you get the desired result. :redneck:

Doved or Bobed?

Two different things. Basics of a bob, figure out how much you want to shorten it, cut that much out, weld it back up.

For a dovetail, little more work to get it to look good but basically cut and weld.

Or let Mauler wheel it at Reiter for a weekend :D

Doved or Bobed?

Two different things. Basics of a bob, figure out how much you want to shorten it, cut that much out, weld it back up.

For a dovetail, little more work to get it to look good but basically cut and weld.

Or let Mauler wheel it at Reiter for a weekend :D
It would not take a weekend with him:haha:

That writeup is pretty good. I doved my first bed in that fashion but it didn't turn out so hot beings 3rd gens have curved wheel wells... The next one got the wheelwells left in place and material cut out of the center. Much easier. :D

Latest posts