• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

downey adapter to toyota

toyotalandman

I bought a 4l60e to toyota tcase downey adapter off pirate4x4 and it came with a extra piece. After looking around it seems it goes on a newer 4l60e that has 6 bolt tailshaft to convert it to the older 4 bolt. So i don't think i need it however it houses the vss. I am putting a cpi and 4l60e out of a 1993 s10 blazer does it need a vss to shift right? I looked around and i can't find much on downey since they went under. Any help would be great and needed.

I do belive it will need a VSS. I have the same adapters on my vehicle I put a 4L60e trans to twin Toyota cases and a Vortec 350 for the motor. It came with a VSS and you would also have to have the reluctor or tone ring that bolts over the shaft to make this set up work.

I have the reluctor ring and everything and a vss that came with it but the only spot in the adapter to mount it is in the extra piece I got with that I don't need but I have the older 4 bolt style. So where would I mount the vss

Last edited:
I did some looking on advance adapters and the kit they sell you just drill a hole in the tail housing I think I will do that