• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drag Week / Rocky Mountain Race Week...for the offroad crowd?

Also, with alot of states now allowing SxS on the street, Ive wondered if one could get a buggy registered as a sxs? I guess it depends on the laws, but NC doesnt seem to list a max engine, wb, size etc.

Also, with alot of states now allowing SxS on the street, Ive wondered if one could get a buggy registered as a sxs? I guess it depends on the laws, but NC doesnt seem to list a max engine, wb, size etc.
At least in TN (as far as I know), you'd still need a VIN or Title/Manufacturer Statement of Origin to get a medium speed permit/tag.

I think that's where the similarities with drag week stuff is apparent. Most if not all of the guys running slicks will swap tires for the travel sections. They also have "street legal" cars. Sure there's plenty of faster cars but lots of them don't qualify since they're basically too overbuilt.

So you'd need to do something similar here. Rig needs to be roadworthy and probably need a 2nd set of tires unless you want to run DOT on the trails. If it's too "built" to be able to run on the street, then it's the same difference as the guys that can't run drag week cause they're too much racecar.

That said, those cars are driving a paved road to race on a paved track. To make the offroad version similar, you'd want dirt or gravel travel sections. Now THAT would be cool and serve the same purpose.
Everyone "qualifies" just different classes. Unlimited guys are going 200+ mph so there is no such thing as overbuilt. Yes these cars are absolutely a stretch to being street legal especially here in PA but there getting away with it and its awesome.

That's fine if you have a streetable rig.... plus nothing is going to want to make me drive my sticky tires on the road and wear them out right now. Freaking tires are ridiculous.
Suck it butter cup lol. You could drag a small trailer and switch tires but that seems :gay: If you wont drive on tires just because they are stickies then this probably wouldn't be the event for you. Heating up stickies to make a obstacle probably does more damage than driving 500 miles.

My rig is tagged and insured, so technically "legal" for the road portion of this proposed event.

I gotta say, driving for hours on the road in my rig just sounds awful. Lol

Everyone "qualifies" just different classes. Unlimited guys are going 200+ mph so there is no such thing as overbuilt. Yes these cars are absolutely a stretch to being street legal especially here in PA but there getting away with it and its awesome.
I'm not saying there's not some pretty damn fast cars doing it. I guess I was thinking about cars that would fall somewhere between pro stock and top fuel. Seems like the fastest you'll see on drag week are about equal to pro stock.

Suck it butter cup lol. You could drag a small trailer and switch tires but that seems :gay: If you wont drive on tires just because they are stickies then this probably wouldn't be the event for you. Heating up stickies to make a obstacle probably does more damage than driving 500 miles.

My 20hp buggy doesnt spin them.

Latest posts