• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drive flange question ....

OnefreakyMF

Hello ...

I'm looking to adapt my 32 spline np205 to a 1330 CV flange .... The CV flange I already have has the large pilot, measuring 3 1/8". Every drive flange I have found (online) only has the 2" pilot. Would a flange with the 2" pilot be detrimental to my trips out into the woods or do y'all think it would hold up fine?? Another question would be, does anyone know where to find a 3 1/8" pilot flange??

A little background to my rig ....

1981 Datsun 720
Dana 44 and 12 bolt
Divorced 205 (dodge)
Trailer Queen (she never sees pavement)

Uggontherocks.jpg

I read drive flanges and I think full time 4x4 locked hubs.

After reading your issue though im gonna assume your meaning the differences in the output flange diameter on the xfercase....

Strength in the aftermarket 2" diameter isnt the issue but changing to the correct output seal would be.

1330 is a ford thing and you could probably find a cv1330 flange behind the xfercases of some of the fullsize broncos. I have a 1330cv yoke that 32spline off my old ford np205 and a few 1330cv drivelines laying around too.

Yeah.... Output flange was the term I was looking for. I've spent the last couple days trying to dig up something I can use and the brain is starting to give up...

I read in a couple places about having to mill down the sealing surface and that wouldn't be a dreadful issue. I have a machinist buddy that could hook that up.

When I did the SAS on my lil rig the stock Datsun U joints were not up to the task. I picked up the 1330 CV from a junk yard and made an adapter for the Datsun transfer case. Worked great until my girlfriend blew two holes in the transfer case, hence, the 205.

The whole flange idea is simply based on already having the 1330 CV. At first I was just going to buy a couple 1350 yokes and make my drivelines with matching yokes. That was until I started pricing them. Not breaking the bank or anything, I just kinda pride myself on building my rig on the cheep. (About $3200 so far) If I have to go a different route then so be it...

Exactly what do ya have laying aroud and what would you want for it??