• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drive shaft shops in Puget Sound area?

Its called the cost of doing business when your a legitimate business. These pesky things like overhead and insurance are a real pain in the butt. They charge what they do because in todays litigious society you have to cover your butt. Supposed a shop builds a driveline and that driveline fail and exits the vehicle killing someone in the process. Who's going to pay for that ? Running a real business is expensive and those costs need to be passed onto the consumer. Yes any backyard mechanic with a welder can build a driveline but what about when the above plays out. How much do you have to loose because the lawyers are going to get all of it :eeek:

Im not talking about having some HomeDepot messicans remodel a kitchen here.

Im talking about OTHER honest BIZZes that can produce the same product WITH shipping for less money with less hassle.

I wasnt comparing a $50 trail shaft to a $350 DNW shat.

Think of what kinda STEEL items you can buy/have made for $350 that are MORE COMPLEX/SKILLED than a driveline.

Any olf muffler welder that can spin balance a tire can build a quality driveline.

Wyotec doesnt have a driveline course that Im aware of??

Im not talking about having some HomeDepot messicans remodel a kitchen here.

Im talking about OTHER honest BIZZes that can produce the same product WITH shipping for less money with less hassle.

I wasnt comparing a $50 trail shaft to a $350 DNW shat.

Think of what kinda STEEL items you can buy/have made for $350 that are MORE COMPLEX/SKILLED than a driveline.

Any olf muffler welder that can spin balance a tire can build a quality driveline.

Wyotec doesnt have a driveline course that Im aware of??

I am not saying that shops like DNW are not expensive I am just trying to explain why they are.

they have the market here cornered. that is why their prices are high.

< owns several business and doesnt rip off customers after they are loyal.

Not if we can avoid it. Last shaft I looked to getting I got a quote from onetoncv (Jess) for an all new shaft, shipped for less than a local retube. That was sad.

Last edited:
let us know. :awesomework:

FWIW, I had a very pleasant experience with Drivelines NW this go around. They picked up my customer's driveline, inspected it, we decided it wasn't worth fixing... so they built a new one and delivered it, all for within $40-50 of what TW charges. Much better than my previous experience. I have another job coming up too, so we'll see how it turns out as well. Obviously unless you're a shop, you guys won't get pickup and delivery service. :fawkdancesmiley:

Presision Driveline in Totem Lake built my rear shaft when I went to a D60 in my RC. They also used to fix the 1s I broke in the Peterbuilt dump truck I used to drive..