• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drive shaft vibes??

xjpaddler

So the wife got a 900s, took it down the road and noticed a vibe- noise that sounded like it was comeing from the driveshaft going to the front.

I jacked it up and put it on blocks, and the front shaft looks way out, to the point it would wear bearings fast.

Anyone else has this problem on brand new rigs??? I plan to take it back, just curious if anyone else has had to deal with this.

My buddy has had four front shafts in his 1000, they warrantied one, sold him the second one at cost, and he just built the last one out of stronger walled stuff. He was beating on his, but the dealer said they are not true when they are new, seems like that would kinda be important::)

We've had a couple in the shop. The ones I've seen are out of phase from the factory. In other words the joints are 90 degrees out of line with each other, that equals hellacious vibs! We cut it apart and welded it up, never heard back from the guy, so I assume that fixed it.

Pretty sure these are out of phase, not balanced, and just of! Its going back day after xmas. I just hope they see the problem. From doing some research this seams to be a common thing on these later models.

Well we dropped it of this morn, they agreed that it should be replaced. Now the waiting game starts. And hopeing that the replacement is correct.

I can say that so far this dealership has been grwat to deal with.

Re:

Ive bent the driveshaft in my 1000 and broke 3 ujoints. The front shaft wasnt in phase at all. Of course mine was out of warranty so i had to fix it myself. And same goes for another 1000 and 900 xp we have. Spicer also sells ujoints that will work as replacements.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

blacksheep10 said:
Do you have a number on the spicer replacement joints? I'm retubing 3 of ours now with 4130 tube and if I mess a joint up while doing it I don't want to be scrambling. Are you guys reclocking the back long shaft or the front short shaft, or both?
\
I took the old ones down to a local fleetpride and they matched them up with the spicers by size. had them in stock.

blacksheep10 said:
Do you have a number on the spicer replacement joints? I'm retubing 3 of ours now with 4130 tube and if I mess a joint up while doing it I don't want to be scrambling. Are you guys reclocking the back long shaft or the front short shaft, or both?

I have a spare (for sale) at home. I'll look at part number tomorrow afternoon.

Re:

I reclocked the rear one in mine. Havent done the front yet. When i get back to the shop i can get the number. They had 2 different spicer joints that would work but said this was the better of the 2. They had them in stock also.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

Looks like it will be after the holidays before we get it back, kinda sucks missing the new years rides because of this BS:/

I bought some from Drive Line Service in Charleston WV. They have spicer joints A HELL OF A LOT CHEAPER THAN THE FACTORY ! HELL OF AN UPGRADE ! They work on the shafts there too. Great guys to deal with, their # 304 342 3134 . booyang

Update!! Called today to see whats up with our razor. The service guy said they got the new shafts in yesterday, installed them and its even worse than before!!!
He said they have a call in yo polaris tech to see what needs to be done.
I know i can have shafts made, but that is not the point!!! We just made thr first payment today, and still have not used the razor.

I am not mad at the dealer, they have been great to work with. But honestly this is s bunch of BS on polaris's side!!!

Took my shaft to Drive Line and they cut it and phased it. They balanced it on their Hynes balancer and got the spicer joints put back in it and is smooth as silk! thumb.gif