• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

driveline vibration

zukwheeler24

i am a new user to this site.i just put 3 inch lift springs on my suzuki samurai and i was driving it and i felt this vibration. i think it is the driveline but idk. it does in in second gear and part of third and in 4low. can anyone help me out?

Welcome!:hi:

Well, it could be a few things. My guess is your pinion angle is somewhat off, but it could be some minor axle wrap your having also.

I know my rig has a driveline vibration at about 45-50 MPH. I personally just live with it:awesomework:

i am having some driveline vibration. do you think that those will stop it? my driveline is at to steap of an angle.

no if your driveline is already binding spacers will make it worse. first check to see if your driveline is in "phase." the magic number is about 6-7" of lift any thing bigger need to move axles out (stretch) or lower the case (lame) or go with hi angle drivelines or lower your rig.

alright cuz i have a spring over with 3 inch lift springs. how to i lower that transfer case? i was looking at it and i couldnt figure out a way to do it.

Welcome to the NWW!!!

alright cuz i have a spring over with 3 inch lift springs. how to i lower that transfer case? i was looking at it and i couldnt figure out a way to do it.

You're running 3" lift springs with SPOA??? :yikes: How tall are you're SPOA perches, and what angle is your pinion at??? There's a fine line that you can get away with for lifting a Sami with stock wheelbase, without having driveline issues....and that line is not very tall! Definitely not SPOA + 3" springs!!!
As for lowering the case, not easy as the frame mounts for the t-case would have to be completely redone to achieve the proper drop....make sense???

Welcome. did you pull the drivelines apart and not line the ends up when put back in??? thats the most common problem I run into with drivelines after a lift install alot of people just shove it on and dont line it up to where it was before the install.

Welcome to the NWW!!!

You're running 3" lift springs with SPOA??? :yikes: How tall are you're SPOA perches, and what angle is your pinion at??? There's a fine line that you can get away with for lifting a Sami with stock wheelbase, without having driveline issues....and that line is not very tall! Definitely not SPOA + 3" springs!!!
As for lowering the case, not easy as the frame mounts for the t-case would have to be completely redone to achieve the proper drop....make sense???
plus the fact the case is devorced so you will most likely run into more complications with the intermediate shaft wanting to vibrate. its more of a jeep thing but i was just giving you ideas on what needs to be done.