• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Driveshaft

mark

I need a driveshaft to get my sh*tbox back into trail condition. Reiter RockCrawl has eaten up all my spares.

Standard style rear driveshaft, 1310 joints. 40" or so collapsed, 43.5+ extended. Or something longer I can cut down.

Or a cheap shop that it willing to retube one for less than $200.

I was going to or an all new one, which I could get to my door for about $250, but this rig is headed to the scrapper soon (if) I ever get it's new chassis done, and the new chassis will take a shorter shaft so its hard to drop that much money on a shaft that won't work later. Called a couple local shops and it was pretty much $200 to have one of my bend shafts re-tubed. Might as well buy new. I'd be willing to drop about $100 to have a re-tube done, or a good longer shaft cut-down if anyone know someone.

Any options? Seattle or north-side preferred. I just don't have the time or much desire to head down to the tacoma area, but get to Seattle multiple times a week and Everett or even a little more north is not hard. I'm also willing to give a go at shortening it myself. I know it won't be perfectly balanced, but its a wheeler...

I need a driveshaft to get my sh*tbox back into trail condition. Reiter RockCrawl has eaten up all my spares.

Standard style rear driveshaft, 1310 joints. 40" or so collapsed, 43.5+ extended. Or something longer I can cut down.

Or a cheap shop that it willing to retube one for less than $200.

I was going to or an all new one, which I could get to my door for about $250, but this rig is headed to the scrapper soon (if) I ever get it's new chassis done, and the new chassis will take a shorter shaft so its hard to drop that much money on a shaft that won't work later. Called a couple local shops and it was pretty much $200 to have one of my bend shafts re-tubed. Might as well buy new. I'd be willing to drop about $100 to have a re-tube done, or a good longer shaft cut-down if anyone know someone.

Any options? Seattle or north-side preferred. I just don't have the time or much desire to head down to the tacoma area, but get to Seattle multiple times a week and Everett or even a little more north is not hard. I'm also willing to give a go at shortening it myself. I know it won't be perfectly balanced, but its a wheeler...

I sent mine to Tom Woods and for less than 100 it was shortened, including return shipping. From the time I mailed it, till it was back in my hands was only a week or so.

From this post;
On last Wednesday, around 5 pm, I drove to the UPS store in Port Orchard, and shipped Tom Woods a driveshaft for lengthening. It left Port Orchard that evening, and arrived in Ogden Utah on Friday morning. Tom's people called me this morning to discuss the repairs. It was completed, and shipped back this evening, with a scheduled delivery on this upcoming Wednesday at my home.

Total turnaround is one week.

Total cost for the repair is $32 for the UPS shipping to Tom Woods plus $60 for the lengthening, balancing, and return shipping, plus $10 for handling, paperwork, and misc. $102 out the door. (70 for Tom, 32 for UPS) And, I only had to drive a couple miles to the UPS store.

(And the shaft needed lengthening because I took a D60 out of the red jeep, and reinstalled the D44 that lived there prior.)

Last edited: