• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drivetrain Options???

Bought my system used off a guy on Hardline. Cleaned it up runs flawlessly for 2 years it is not from got propane. But they are just simple.

I AM REALLY NOT A FORD GUY BUT HAVE A BUDDY WITH A GOOD RUNNIN 5.O IN A BUGGY ON PROPANE AND IT IS SIMPLE. THAT SAID, I'D RATHER GO CHEVY JUST BECAUSE. DOES THE 205 CASE A COUPLE OF YOU MENTIONED COME DRIVER DROP?

ANYONE RUN OR HAVE OPINION ON NV4500 WITH 241 CASE FROM IFS CHEVYS?

rpf500 said:
I AM REALLY NOT A FORD GUY BUT HAVE A BUDDY WITH A GOOD RUNNIN 5.O IN A BUGGY ON PROPANE AND IT IS SIMPLE. THAT SAID, I'D RATHER GO CHEVY JUST BECAUSE. DOES THE 205 CASE A COUPLE OF YOU MENTIONED COME DRIVER DROP?

ANYONE RUN OR HAVE OPINION ON NV4500 WITH 241 CASE FROM IFS CHEVYS?

Yes, the ford 205 is driver drop.

Eddyj said:
Sbc on propane. Simple and make as much power as you want. Within reason. Plus if you like to hunt online or at swap meets you can always find upgrades stupid cheap. Find an old Chevy with 350 4 speed and 205. Strongest drivetrain for the money and stupid cheap and simple.
Just my .02. Little heavy but strong.
AGREE. Three or four wires and that's it!! Very simple, very reliable. All the power I could ever see needing. Love my 400 sbc.

Eddyj said:
Sbc on propane. Simple and make as much power as you want. Within reason. Plus if you like to hunt online or at swap meets you can always find upgrades stupid cheap. Find an old Chevy with 350 4 speed and 205. Strongest drivetrain for the money and stupid cheap and simple.
Just my .02. Little heavy but strong.
IF I GO CHEVY IS THIS 205 DRIVER DROP?
IF NOT, DOES THE FORD 205 MATE TO CHEVY 4 SPEED?
SORRY FOR THE QUESTIONS,TRYING TO LEARN FROM GUYS WHO KNOW, NOT WHO GUESS. THATS WHY IM HERE

Chevy 205 is pass drop. U will have to change the input shaft in the ford 205 to use it.