• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dry Cut!

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
This showed up today at the shop! Cant wait to use it. I got really sick of replacing abrasive saws every 6 months or less. And the mess they make sucks too. Most big shops seem to like the dry cut saws and the reviews are very good on the Evolution saws so Im gonna give it a try. 3 year warrenty was good too.

What do you guys run for blades and who does sharpening locally for cheap?

Attachments

• 4122012.jpg
    4122012.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 286
Great saw that you will love! I've had one for about 5 years now- one of the best cheap tools I bought.

For blades I have only used milwakuee's because I use to have a great connection on getting them. Good blades but wouldnt buy due to price. I also just recently bought a evolution blade, and I thought it was a POS- lasted me lesss than a month. Did yours come with a blade? If so, let me know how the evolution blade worked for you. Maybe I just got a defective blade?

For sharpening I have used a few diffrent places that have been good. There is a place called Emerald tool- in seattle just off of Michigan street. Quality work and fair price ($30 sharpening). The other place that I have had do it a bunch is Fastenal- only thing with them is they send it to there main warehouse, so its a 2 week turn around- so you have to own a few blades.

You'll get sick of the noise they make on rather short order... I used to use one (Hitachi), but found a little horizontal metal cutting band saw at an estate sale for like $75--old as hell, and a little slower, but much quieter, and not as much material loss...

You'll get sick of the noise they make on rather short order... I used to use one (Hitachi), but found a little horizontal metal cutting band saw at an estate sale for like $75--old as hell, and a little slower, but much quieter, and not as much material loss...

Very true! They sure are loud! I mainly use my dry cut saw for cutting thin wall DOM- its not to bad. Anything else I use my bandsaw.

Someone else started a thread about chop saws, and that reminded me I loaned mine out about a yr ago...forgot who I loaned it to! (haven't really missed it either! :redneck:)---later remembered...:haha:

horizontal metal cutting band saw: for the win

still use my old abrasive chop saw to sharpen soap stone

Great saw that you will love! I've had one for about 5 years now- one of the best cheap tools I bought.

For blades I have only used milwakuee's because I use to have a great connection on getting them. Good blades but wouldnt buy due to price. I also just recently bought a evolution blade, and I thought it was a POS- lasted me lesss than a month. Did yours come with a blade? If so, let me know how the evolution blade worked for you. Maybe I just got a defective blade?

For sharpening I have used a few diffrent places that have been good. There is a place called Emerald tool- in seattle just off of Michigan street. Quality work and fair price ($30 sharpening). The other place that I have had do it a bunch is Fastenal- only thing with them is they send it to there main warehouse, so its a 2 week turn around- so you have to own a few blades.

Thanks for the info Anthony!

Mine did come with a 60 tooth blade ment for thin steel. There is a 80 tooth that I can get for heavy steel. Fastenal will most likely be the place for me since I am there all the time and have a good relationship with my local branch. There is also a spot up here in Arlington call Tiger Tool that I may ask about sharpening.

I plan to use this for cutting .120 wall tube 95% of the time, small flat bar and other little stuff will fill in the other 5%. For heavy stuff like axle tubes I have a large production band saw that I am trying to get up and running. I think I will sell it tho and get a smaller more mobile unit.

Attachments

• DSCN1238.jpg
    DSCN1238.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 199
go to pbb and look up roarksupply.com awsome product and pricing ask for tom. dont get much better than that flap wheels are under 3.50 apiece cant say enough good stuff about them