• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DTC question

Central4runneR

driving home last night the SES light came on on my pickup, 2000 GMC K2500 OBS with the R motor. the codes were P0122 & P1122 both TPS intermittent low voltage. My question is, would a faulty tps cause my tranny, 4l80e to shift like **** ie: not going into over drive on the hwy and shifting real hard into 2nd and staying there while driving around town. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

when I had my tranny (same one) shift like that, it ended up being a torque converter going out...

i limped it by for a while, but i ended up replacing the converter, filter, and flushed ALL the lines and coolers to get rid of any debris..

2 years now and not a single problem..

I had those codes for a while, I would clear them, they would come back until i changed it... $270-ish dollars and an afternoon and it was all good..

just a thought..

if you know someone with an actual scan tool.. run it and get live data while it is driving under load to get the slippage percentages..

I was told that when the tranny shifts that hard it is what they call "safe mode"...

hope it gives you some sort of direction..

get ready to do a tranny. from the factory those 4l80e and 4l60e are junk. my shop has replaced about 30 of them.

I had kinda a similar scenario with my truck, made my tranny shift all kinds of weird. I thought my tranny was going out too. Mine was an electrical problem

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The tranny thing is weird it has done it once before then it went back to normal and shifting fine and now this time when it started acting up it threw those codes. I think im gonna start with the tps since it needs it anyhow and see what happens. Dont really wanna spend $2500 on a tranny.

Fixed, $60 and some change for a TPS and about 10 min to install, cleared the codes now its good

Good to hear. I didn't respond in time, but the first two responses here are fawking idiots. Absolutely a bad TPS (which tells the transmission lots of info) will screw up the way the transmission is shifting.

Latest posts