• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dual Sports?

i would be very skeptical of the vor for reliability and parts availability. you cant go wrong with a ktm their reputation for reliability is excellent. i have rode many ktm s and they handle well i prefer honda but if you have to have an enduro ktm or possibly yamaha wr450

Whats up my friend! Miss you guys. I'll let you know what I end up doing and maybe we can go do some riding. Nicole is excited to get out on some trails with her bike too.

Just an FYI, VOR has been around over 10 years now and longer before that as labled as Vertemati's. They're an italian small production manufacturer, have won a couple world enduros and pioneered (along with Husaberg before KTM bought them) most of the modern four stroke movement.Are they rare, yes. Are they shitty bikes, no. They're made with top of the line components and italian design. Also ATK usa is the new distributor for parts and sales, so parts aren't too hard to find.

From what i've seen they're fast, lightweight bikes. Remember, KTM was a RARE bike once too. I'd say go for it if the positives outweigh the couple negatives.:awesomework:

Im a die hard KTM owner but VOR's and Husabergs have always peaked my interest.

Brent

Ok, I've been reading online, thumpertalk, and it sounds like these are an extremely well built bike with great attention to detail. Owners aren't reporting any problems and it seems that these things are the source of a lot of miss information. It sounds like a very cool exotic bike and when compared to the KTM's most prefer the power and handling of the VOR. The down fall is the re-sale value becuase there's not too many poeple out there looking for one or aware of what they really are. So they can be hard to sell, not much of a market for these things. I had no idea what it was until last night myself. Everything I own isn't worth **** by the time I'm done with it anyway.

I'm going to test ride it tomorrow and I'll let you know what I think.

I can't remember what the exact model of it is, but I know Yamaha makes a 400 super motor that is kitted out all black from the factory and the thing is flat fawking BAD! Rode my buddie's one time. He hadn't done anything to it but a yoshi exhaust and it would pull the front wheel in all 6 gears from a cruise speed with just a little twist of the right side.

Just an FYI, VOR has been around over 10 years now and longer before that as labled as Vertemati's. They're an italian small production manufacturer, have won a couple world enduros and pioneered (along with Husaberg before KTM bought them) most of the modern four stroke movement.Are they rare, yes. Are they shitty bikes, no. They're made with top of the line components and italian design. Also ATK usa is the new distributor for parts and sales, so parts aren't too hard to find.

From what i've seen they're fast, lightweight bikes. Remember, KTM was a RARE bike once too. I'd say go for it if the positives outweigh the couple negatives.:awesomework:

Im a die hard KTM owner but VOR's and Husabergs have always peaked my interest.

Brent

Thank you! Well said. :awesomework:

I ride an old 87 TW200. It has large tires front an rear. THing is low geared as hell, tops out at like 40-45. Figure it will keep me from hurtin myself:redneck:
l_e35996cf7d0c41a7a1c437c07ecaeb27.jpg

I ride an old 87 TW200. It has large tires front an rear. THing is low geared as hell, tops out at like 40-45. Figure it will keep me from hurtin myself:redneck:
l_e35996cf7d0c41a7a1c437c07ecaeb27.jpg

i have been trying to talk one of my friends into one of these :redneck: He thought a 250 4 stroke was fast. :haha: Does that tw have factory gearing?

i have been trying to talk one of my friends into one of these :redneck: He thought a 250 4 stroke was fast. :haha: Does that tw have factory gearing?

No, factory they can go 55-60.

With this one, I can walk beside it in first. You sit really low on em, so your COG is low, meaning you can idle in first gear which is sloooowww. I ain't a very good rider, an with the low gearing, when I get myself into situations(which happens often) I can usaully crawl/put out of it. The only thing about em is that there is pratically no aftermarket support.

83 yota is right. I don't know as much about the VOR as he does but there was a guy that raced a Vertemati out at SIR (MX) about 10- 12 years ago when I was racing. Very well made, one of the first MX 4 strokes out there(along with the KTM's), little different setup with the airbox where the gas tank usually goes and the gas tank under the seat (keeps the weight lower). I never saw him have any problems with it, but I never rode it and didn't know him very well, just chatted at the races.

When I have the money for a new bike, the 426 will go away and in will come the 530 EXC. (it's what I want anyway, we'll see if it ever happens. 10K for a dirtbike is a bit much)

I have a KLR 250 that i never ride and won't sell. :fawkdancesmiley::haha: That bike's pretty tame (according to others, i'm a weenie dirtbiker:D) I'm 6'-0" and it seems tall for me at times... :eeek: But once you sit your butt on it, it lowers right down.:awesomework:

so darby. end up getting the VOR?

Yup! I went out and bought it the next day. I'd post up pics but I don't even own a camera. I DO own a 2001 VOR 400 enduro now though. Very cool and fast bike. Seems like it definetely has more power than my buddies new 400 yamaha. Sit down wheelies come right up in 4th gear. Great power, nimble bike, very user friendly

It's all black with accerbis plastics, light and tank
Reverse kick start is weird and my shine is F'ed up now, no electric start
Tops out around 55mph, 1st gear is low
Feels like a full on MX bike with a plate, not intended for hwy use at all
Hard seat, ass hurting
Soft suspension with inverted front forks, soaks up the bumps

I broke off my kick stand allready but who needs a kick stand on a MX bike :redneck: If you see a VOR leaning against the wall at your local starbucks, it's me. And I perform wheelies on comand :D

:cool:Nice enjoy your new bike! :awesomework:

Gearing will really change the way the power of the bike feels just put a couple tooth smaller sprocket in the rear and you will be able to hang with traffic and still have good trail power.

:cool:Nice enjoy your new bike! :awesomework:

Gearing will really change the way the power of the bike feels just put a couple tooth smaller sprocket in the rear and you will be able to hang with traffic and still have good trail power.

Good advice. I always re-geared my other bikes, accept I always greared them in the other direction. It's at the top of my list. I'm just not sure what sprocket it takes. I need to check my bolt pattern and hub dia against another bike and see if it's a universal thing or if they reinvented the wheel, pun intended. It's a 520 50tooth with 6 retaining bolts. I'm thinking a 45-47tooth, and it's probably a standard style.

It's weird having a bike made with so many aftermarket peices from the factory, even the sprocket is a BBR. We'll see how reliable this thing is in the long run. It's still brand new, never been off road that I can tell. Damn inverted forks are leaking though :mad: every bike I've ever owned!

Anyone ride Dual sports? I'm stoked to be able to ride a wheelie down the highway, jump the median, land in a stoppie and take off up a mountain trail! Rock Crawlers are sooo last year, stunt bikes are played out, street legal hooligan bikes are where its at!

stay the **** off the roads if your going to ride like that!!! your ****ing it up for the rest of us:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley: