• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dune Fest 2010 Oregon

ChevyGuy

Just wondering if anyone else here is going to Dunefest this year. Not even a month away. Monster truck rides is new this year, and the wheelie machine. The site says Kid Rock will be there too. I cant wait. Just seeing if anyone else is going, maybe meet up and ride

Problem is most of them happen to be dumbasses. It's good if you want to see some fast bikes run at the sand drags and check out the vendors junk. If you want to ride go any other weekend.

I go to ride, and watch all the events and participate in alot of them. Dunefest is my excuse to go to Oregon dunes

We will be there with a few turbo raptors, trx 600 and Larry KOH truck. Say hi if you see us!

Dunes2010035.jpg

34745_10150386917205001_769245000_1.jpg

36900_131411950214331_1082502225305.jpg

yup, we always skip the dunes during sand fest and dune fest both, OR hit one of the OTHER dune areas, as most of the idiots will be at the big events.

The one year we went to winchester, it was a freakin nightmare, and everyone had an excuse why they should charge you more money for the priveledge of being there, even if you wanted nothing to do with the event.

I donno, I guess im just spoiled. We do most of our dune riding in the winter months, when there is almost no one there. Even when we did glamis over thanksgiving one year, the place is big enough that you can ride for hours and not come across anyone else unless you specifically ride the popular hills.

So to go to coos, or winchester, and be surrounded by ppl, some of which shouldnt be on the sand, you get a little frustrated.

I donno, I guess im just spoiled. We do most of our dune riding in the winter months, when there is almost no one there. Even when we did glamis over thanksgiving one year, the place is big enough that you can ride for hours and not come across anyone else unless you specifically ride the popular hills.

So to go to coos, or winchester, and be surrounded by ppl, some of which shouldnt be on the sand, you get a little frustrated.

I know exactly what you are talking about, even on holiday weekends at places like coos, winchester or Florence it can be pretty bad. Some people just do not use their heads when riding & that is what ruins it for everyone else.

I do alot of drag racing at the dunes when im there and it gets pretty bad on holiday weekends on the popular hills like competition hill or even south jetty at florence. Those hills are predominantely used for drag racing especially on holiday weekends and you get those retards who come flying over the the back side of the hill to go down while there are rows of people racing up the hill. I was at south jetty one year drag racing, I was approaching the top of the hill wide open and some dumb ass on a motorcycle comes flying over the top to head down the hill and neither of us could turn fast enough so he clipped my front tire and went head over heels down the hill:mad:

Latest posts