• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dx6

Knok2222

Well, most of you have already seen that im selling off the Tq3. I need more channels so im ready to buy a new radio. Ive been looking at the DX6 for a week or so now, and it looks really cool and would allow a dig setup fairly easy. Any of you guys out there own one? and whats the up and downs of this system? any glitching or compatibility issues. I heard the sticks dont have self centering. true? anyways im sitting here with debit card in hand and need some help!!!

Ask JasoninAugusta on rccrawler, he'll answer all your questions about spectrum. I've read on that board also that it is pretty easy to install return springs so your sticks self center.

I have run the dx6 for a short time now and it works well enough. I broke the antenna pivot the first time I let my son touch the radio so the antenna got the perminant up mod. I have set it up with mixiing for clods thats super trick and works well.

I have not done the self centering throttle mod or the stiffer spring mod yet.

Chad-

Ya im looking foward to all the differant mixes ill be able to do. That radio looks sweet. Ive seen some cool setups on the rccrawler site. How do you prefer to run it? or is it best to have a couple differant setups?

:wtf: I called horizon hobby today to ask if they could ship me the cam and gimbal spring for the DX6. the guy said no, so I told him what I need to do and why. He went and asked a guy in the tech department, then came back and said, "yeah no problem if you send that in to us we have the parts and can do it for ya for about 50$" so I was like ehhhh no, just sell me the parts and Ill do it myself and he said no we dont sell the parts. SO HOW THE HELL WERE THEY GOING TO DO IT THEN! I want to know why they wont sell it! :wtf:

:gun_bandana: Horizon hobbies

that sucks! Flat out sucks!

Sorry to here about that I heard from Kevin at the crawlerstore that you can purchase the dx6 (not from the crawlersore)with the centery gimbal and not have to mod it at all. maybe you can get a trade if you have not opened it yet.

I am glad I figured out reasons to like the standard gimbal in mine or I might be a bit pissed.

Chad-

I should be getting 6 of the futaba gimbal springs shortly. Anyone still needing to mod there DX6? Ill hook ya up with a couple, i dont have any need for all 6.

Well Got the damn radio and gimbal springs today, but when I power on the radio some of the bars are "dimmer" than the others. Primarily like the top of an "8" and then somtimes you cant see them at all. Im wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Im worried that I got one of the few new deffectives that might be out there. Im lett'n the batt. charge to see if that solves it.

Knok2222 said:
Well Got the damn radio and gimbal springs today, but when I power on the radio some of the bars are "dimmer" than the others. Primarily like the top of an "8" and then somtimes you cant see them at all. Im wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Im worried that I got one of the few new deffectives that might be out there. Im lett'n the batt. charge to see if that solves it.
Did you let the battery charge overnight?

Do not attempt to use the radio until it has the first good charge in it!

Chad-

:mad: I guess ill have to wait till tomarrow to call Pacific Coast hobbies. Im demanding a new one and im not paying shipping. They sent me a display model or somthing. The bot reciever was just laying loose in the box with no packaging, :wtf: the box says it should have the regular AR6000 reciever not the BR6000(normal?) the charger had been undone, and forced into the box in wrong direction, the bind plug bag was opened. Bad enough it took almost 10 days to get it just to find out that Its a pile-o-shite. :mad: I have been waiting for this thing for a while now and just feel ripped off. :booo:

Latest posts