• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ecm mount.

skipnrocks

I am shopping mounts for my ecm for gm 3800. Sumit has a plastic one but i was hoping for one that might provide some protection from.the elements. Have you had any luck with this or should I just buy the plastic one and.make a shroud?

Re: Ecm mount.

Jduck makes one for the ls maybe he can hook you up with one.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

This is how mine is mounted same 3.8 computer. Plastic mount from summit for a ls bolted to metal plate. Will be half us under a hood of somesort
665d7948cae520748e024feb70149b44.jpg
6cad3e11886ad0f69ffc4657bfdcecc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks good. What about keeping moisture out. I know yours us under a hood. Mine is behind a seat open cab? If I have wires facing down so any moisture drips down would that be sufficient?

Sorry I over looked the protection from elements part

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SBJeepn said:
That looks good. What about keeping moisture out. I know yours us under a hood. Mine is behind a seat open cab? If I have wires facing down so any moisture drips down would that be sufficient?

Brave Motorsports LS ECM mount, same as my last 3800 build. I mounted this one behind the panels to hide it, but the last one was just under the makeshift cowl. As long as you don't leave it submerged they're fine. They have a gasket in them when you bolt it together, as well as the harness side. They are the exact same size as the older series LS.

lAA9QJph.jpg

YdaIXY8h.jpg

How bout this.....

https://m.harborfreight.com/2800-watertight-protective-case-13-34-in-63926.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided