• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ecoboost in a bouncer

Jtremor

I'm fixing to start building a bouncer (black sheep). It's going to be a slow build. I've been thinking I just want something a little different. I haven't seen or heard of anyone putting an ecoboost in a buggy. Has anyone else heard of it? I know there are tons of ford and ecoboost haters. I can only imagine what will be said about one in a bouncer.

:popcorn:

different is great and everything but have you looked into availability of support parts? what transmissions will it bolt up to? Is there anyone out there doing standalone harnesses and tuning? Is the power steering pump up to full hydro? will something else bolt up?

I plan on keep it in stock form mostly. They put up impressive numbers with a tune, cold air, and exhaust. There are a few companies that have options to upgrade the turbos or replace them with larger ones. From all the reading I've done, it's based off of the modular v8 like the coyote. They make the stuff to mount a c4 to the modular based engines. Ford racing is in the process of releasing a stand alone harness for the 3.5 ecoboost. The only thing I'm not sure on at the moment is the power steering pump but I'm sure I can figure that one out.

Been watching the build on power nation waiting to see how it turns out. Really looks like a sweet setup...very compact. I've got a 2015 Explorer with the 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost...very impressed with its power.

Like you said...Ford should have the harness available.

I've been thinking about putting the ecoboost in it for about a year now. I wasn't too sure about them until I had a buddy but one and then jms in Mississippi tune it. It had crazy gains just off a simple tune.

Why would you do it? You could build a 6.0 for a third of the price & 1/10 the pain in the ass, and make a solid 50 more ft lbs at idle and 100 more at half throttle.... how many times do you actually floor board your rig and hold it?

muddinmetal said:
Why would you do it? You could build a 6.0 for a third of the price & 1/10 the pain in the ass, and make a solid 50 more ft lbs at idle and 100 more at half throttle.... how many times do you actually floor board your rig and hold it?

People have dreams man. Dreams of being "different".

Mainly because it's different and i don't wanna run anything gm. How much horsepower are you getting out of built 6.0s? How much money is tied up in that 6.0?

muddinmetal said:
Mine sees the floor 80% or the time. If you are under powered that's how you drive them!

i never thought much of them before my wife got a Lincoln MKT w one in it. That Sum bitch will move :****: Gonna do a magnaflow exhaust and a fab a long tube intake for it (shockingly, no after market for a Lincoln station wagon lol). A tune would be amazing, but not sure how the tranny would hold up to much more power. My understanding is they aren't the strongest from what I've read.

The guy in the YouTube video I posted trashed his trans on the dyno while they were still tuning it. So, is say they aren't the best. I'm sure a built c4 could hold up for a while.

I've been shopping around and I'm finding them in junk yards for $2500-$3500. They are saying the stand alone set up should be in the $1500 range. The tunes for the ecoboost are putting up really crazy gains on the dyno.