• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ECORS 2011 race #4, Aug 27, @ Devil's Playground, Silver Valley, NC

ecors

Since racing is on our minds lets get some more info posted up about the August race at DPG! This is a favorite of the racers and locals. Lots of locals tend to come out to this race and its A LOT of fun!

Date: August 27
Where: Devil's Playground, Silver Valley, NC
What: Race #4 of 2011

Details:
ECORS will utilize a format very similar to the last race and have 2 heat races per class and a Main. We will fine tune it a little more to make it better for you all and easier on us. Most may not even notice the difference.

Saturday morning:
UTV Heat 1
UTV Heat 2
Class A Heat 1
Class A Heat 2
Class B Heat 1
Class B Heat 2
Class C Heat 1
Class C Heat 2
Intermission
UTV Main
Class A Main
Class B Main
Class C Main

We will post exact start times once we get closer so you all know when you'll be racing. We will draw heat starting position at the Driver's meeting.

****Driver's Meeting is at 8pm FRIDAY NIGHT!****

If you cannot attend, be sure someone from your team is here. All vehicles MUST go through Tech Inspection Friday. If you have a special circumstance, call me.

To help entice everyone to show up Friday night, ECORS will have a free pig pickin for drivers and their team. We'll have a pig and some fixins. Bring your own drinks! We'll eat until the food is gone!

The Barbie Jeep Race will make a second appearance at this race and will take place Friday evening at 7pm. The Driver's meeting will directly follow the Barbie Jeep Race, around 8pm.

Remember, this is a qualifier race for the Nov. 5 race at Windrock. There will be additional teams on site battling it out for those qualifier positions. Welcome them to the ECORS family and give them a good race. There are 3 qualifier spots in Class C, and one each in Class A and B. There are 5 spots in the UTV Class.

Camping is always encouraged and welcome at this venue. We are working with the land owner to re-work the entrance to allow RVs and toyhaulers access into the facility without damage. Campers must be self sufficient. There are NO power, water, or sewer hookups.

Competitors get the Driver and 2 co-drivers in the gate with each entry. Additional team members get in for $8. General public admission is $10, camping included in entry. Kids 12 and under are free with a responsible paying adult.

Pets (and some kids and a couple adults...) must be on a leash at all times.

Alcohol is OK but be responsible with it. Keep glass containers at home. I always find broken glass every Sunday after the event.

Camp fires are OK but clean it up when you are done. This means making sure the fire is out and placing the rocks back into the woods. Do not leave wood, rocks, trash, etc. in the field when you leave. These items are very destructive on the mower.

Lets all have a great time and be respectful to everyone. When you see Trevor (owner), thank him for the use of the land. Also thank the Mud Devils for making DPG what it is. Without their help, DPG wouldn't be what it is today!

For more info, call me at: 252-341-2016 or send an e-mail to: [email protected]

Thanks!
Rob

im pumped up i'm atually gonna make this i've had to miss the last 2, between the weather and being so busy at work (finally) but iwill be there for this one and windrock,cant wait!!!

The entrance has been modified and repaired to allow easier access by trailers and RVs. Shouldn't be any worries with bottoming out your 44' trailers or pushers :dblthumb:

really had a good time last race looking forward to the next ones thanks for your hard work #55 statum / cole team

Don't forget, Aug 27 is race day.

Tech inspection Friday, pre run Friday, and driver's meeting Friday. We'll provide food for the drivers. Actually we'll have some good ol NC bbq we are cooking right on site! Just bring your favorite beverage. Drivers, sponsors, and vlunteers eat first and everyone else jump in line till the food is gone!

Also on the agenda for Friday is the BARBIE JEEP RACE! This will be at about 7pm. Bring your own hot wheels, long pants, long sleeve shirt, and some kind of helmet for some good fun! ECORS is putting up $50 to the winner. In addition to the $50, the Carolina Trailblazers have put up another $100 in contingency $$$ for the winner!!! Stop by their booth/tent for more info on that!

Saturday will be full of racing with the heat format and the main in the evening. We'll follow racing with festivities :D and awards ceremony. Night riding will be open so long as its not too loud. We want to respect the neighbors as much as possible. If you break, no problem. You will be no more than several hundred yard from the parking area for easy repairs and extraction.

For anyone that has been to Devil's Playground before, we (Mud Devils...) fixed the entrance to allow easy in/out with RVs and long trailers. 20ton of gravel will help with that even more.

Online registration is open. Starting order is drawn at the driver's meeting.

www.ecors.com

Still waiting for a response on my refund from Auburn? I have tried multiple times with no response from you at all. An email or call would be appreciated.

Matt O. said:
Still waiting for a response on my refund from Auburn? I have tried multiple times with no response from you at all. An email or call would be appreciated.

Our policy has been that refunds are not issued for missing a race. The credit may be used for a future event, membership, merchandise, or sold to another competitor.

With every entry, there is time and expense involved (insurance, paperwork, time, etc.). When teams register and pay the entry fees, we start working on developing their paperwork, logging them with insurance, and spending time behind the scenes processing everything. Expense and time is involved and from the beginning we've had a zero refund policy but do allow full credit on future events or merchandise. We are even OK with you selling or horse-trading your credit with another team that is racing.

In the past we have had other requests for refunds that have been unfulfilled. To be fair to them, us, you, and all other racers, we remain consistent with our policy.

Two years ago I didn't make the KOH race due to the vehicle not being ready in time. I didn't get any of my entry fees back and didn't expect to. Was it tough to not get $ back? Sure, but it was known no refunds were given and a chance I took.

We are not being difficult or ignoring the situation, but ECORS has decided to remain consistent in the policy and not issue refunds but rather we can issue credit for future use. If you know someone that wasgoing to race, they could use your entry credit.

I think that policies are great, but using a common sense approach in certain cases might also be required. I didn't miss the race because I couldn't get my **** together or that my rig wasn't ready. I didn't race because my wife was in the hospital. I am talking to another competitor about buying my spot for this weekends race. Also if this was your policy it would have been nice to have been told directly. Instead I was lead to believe you were going to do something and then you never responsed to me again. This is the first I have read of your no refund policies. And I know for a fact that Hammerking refunds entry fees, you just have to ask.