• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

EFI Live, 01 duramax

JesterFab

Does anyone have one locally (everett area) that has enough experience that could set me up with 5 tune settings. I will buy the license and pay for your time. I also need to recalibrate my speedo for tire size and would like to check engine diagnostics whenvever something may comes up. Stock trans, aftermarket exhaust and intake. Currently have edge juice with attitude monitor that will be coming off. I know there is a guy in idaho (atptrucks.com) that has a shop and preprogrammed tunes, but its farther then I want to travel at this time.

If I dont have the programmer then I would need him to load the tunes into my truck. He will also personalize the tunes to my truck. I just talked to one of the guys in Idaho. The traveling would be getting from everett to boise....

Well I guess it's changed since I last looked into it. It was just software on a laptop. Do they not offer that anymore? I can't imagine they dumbed it down across the board and made it just a programmer..

Programmer and software as far as I was told. He can email me tunes, but I will have to buy a license, find a programmer (efi live tool) and laptop in order to install the tunes on my truck. I guess the tool would be the link between the laptop and truck. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Scan tool is 1100 with 2 licenses and maybe a tune. Then you pay to buy premade tunes or make your own.

Damn, prices have gone up. It use to be 800 for the software on your laptop, and then you buy the tunes, or make your own. Then just hook the laptop into your OBDII port and off you go. I'll have to ask a couple guys about that when I get off work.

Nate, I am not sure I want to buy one just yet. Id rather just have the 5 setting tunes and be done. I would be doing this in about a month...
So Efi live is about 800 w/ 2 licenses no tunes
1 tune is 150
5 tunes is about 250 plus 55 for the switch

Idahorob said I can bring my truck in and for 400 (5 tunes, switch, license) i would have 5 tunes installed. Then I would need gauges as well etc.

DJ up at DK diesel in bellingham he really knows his ****. will hook you up and he with dyno tune your truck with the settings you want with EFI live and give you the print out of each setting and HP he did my 06 lly and i love it and get way better mileage
. http://www.dkdiesel.com/contact_us.php

Last edited:
I would suggest getting the gauges installed first before throwing EFI live on there. You are gonna need to know what is going on from the start. I know you have the Edge now with gauges built in. Unless you can use the Edge just for gauges until you can get some real gauges put in.

Just my opinion.

Idahorob or DJ, can't go wrong with either. Both good guys.