• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Hills Work Party/Giveaway...

There are three lines there right now... People have been going around to the right of the two trees... It's not that it's impassable, it's that Nancy doesn't want three lines there... We need the easy one all the way to the left, but can only have one line on the right...

So, either keep the line between the trees or the one going to the right of them... Nancy told us that she would rather have the line that's going around because further damage to the trees can become an issue...

I find it hard to believe that the DNR has not already wrote those 2 trees off as a loss. They were damaged long before there was ever a ledge there.

We continue to give, give, give without any get. We helped pave the sunrise under the understanding that we were doing that so other trails could retain their hard obstacles and now we are beginning to lose those as well. Where do we draw the line.

The ledge on the Gotcha can be done by a rig that fits the trail recommendations provided the driver knows the line and how to drive.

I find it hard to believe that the DNR has not already wrote those 2 trees off as a loss. They were damaged long before there was ever a ledge there.

We continue to give, give, give without any get. We helped pave the sunrise under the understanding that we were doing that so other trails could retain their hard obstacles and now we are beginning to lose those as well. Where do we draw the line.

The ledge on the Gotcha can be done by a rig that fits the trail recommendations provided the driver knows the line and how to drive.

I agree, but it's not just Nancy... We have to keep Ted happy as well...

Nancy is willing to let us do a lot of things at Elbe, as you know...

Ted gets the dept of eco on his ass, doing somethings to keep the **** from rolling down hill will allow us to continue to build new challenges and obstacles...

A few trees can't be damaged, but they can be cut down and sold by the acres...:rolleyes:

It's always gonna be a struggle, and that sucks... But, there are ways to make it easier to get some of the things we want...

I pm'd you my number if you want to talk about it...

We continue to give, give, give without any get.

Show up and see how we are going to keep the harder line and an easy line in the same area. The old way was just to pave the easy line and completely shut down the hard line. We are working with the DNR to keep the hard lines but they need to be sustainable, ie no silt or erosion.

I bet you cant do the uphill ledge on the Alder Loop :stirpot:

:corn:

Is the plan to start at the top of the list and work down or devide into groups and take care of all items at once? Whats the game plan?

They are all equally important. Pick any one you want if it is not already done. We will have maps and job description sheets at the signup desk. Pick a job you can do and head out.

If you want to do a trail and pick up trash, grab a map (if needed), trashbag and head out.

If you want to put up a sign, grab a map, sign, post, tools and go put the sign up.

Each task will have a sheet, if the sheet is gone and someone is already on the job, pick one that still needs to be done.

Hopefully by the end of Sunday, all the 21 tasks will be completed :awesomework:

1. Clean all the mud off the bridge on Gotcha trail. This will require 1 or 2 wheelbarrows and people with flat bottom shovels. Dump the mud at least 20' from the end of the bridge so it does not flow into the wetlands the next time it rains. Please bring a shovel and wheelbarrow.

2. Clean all the mud off the bridge on the Busywild trail. This will require 1 or 2 wheel barrows and people with flat bottom shovels. Dump the mud at least 20' from the end of the bridge so it does not flow into the wetlands the next time it rains. Please bring a shovel and wheelbarrow.

3. Clean all the mud off the bridge on Sunrise trail. This will require 1 or 2 wheel barrows and people with flat bottom shovels. Dump the mud at least 20' from the end of the bridge so it does not flow into the wetlands the next time it rains. Please bring a shovel and wheelbarrow.

4. Deep hole and bypass on Gotcha trail: 20 yards of crushed rock will be dumped on the side of 9 road where the Gotcha and Mainline Extension trail meet. Close to the bridge, the Gotcha trail is 3 lines wide. The easiest route needs a bunch of rock on it so it does not get worse. Use the Bobcat to load trailers (or track to the site) and dump the rock from the stump to the bridge planks. This area needs to be marked with paint so the people dumping the rock know exactly where it goes. The middle line that is a 4' ledge is pretty much impassable and needs a stump or log between the trees to block it off. The (more challenging) left line will be kept as it is. A small drainage ditch wil need to be dug between the crushed rock and bridge to keep water from running onto the bridge and to drain the mud hole on the left line.

5. Replace the sign on Gotcha Trail: someone took one of the lag bolts off the sign and pulled the whole sign out of the ground. The sign is lying next to the 9 road where the rock will be dumped. The sign needs to be put back in the hole in the ground by the trail intersection and one lag bolt put back in.

6. Deep hole and bypass on Alder Loop trail: 20 yards of crushed rock will be dumped on the side of 93 road where it intersects the Alder Loop trail. Where the big hole and vertical climb is, the three alder trees need to be cut about 5' high and bucked off the trail, they are between the hard and easy lines and are leaning. Use the Bobcat to haul the rock onto the easier bypass. The trail between the rock pile and bypass is pretty smooth and hopefully the Bobcat won't get stuck. We can put boulders in the really deep hole if there is a machine to load and haul them from the 9 Road pit.

7. Rainier Vista sign is missing at the bottom of the hill. The post might still be there. Put up a new sign with 2 lag bolts.

8. Inner Alder sign. Install new sign and post where the trail meets the 9 road.

9. Clean out the fire pits in the campground. Use the wheel barrow and dump the old ashes way back in the woods. If there is burned trash put it in trash bags and haul it away with the other trash. Only contained metal fire pits are allowed. Fire pits made from all rock need to be dispersed.

10. Camp spots on 9 road: there are several camp spot on the 9 road that need cleaned up. Pick up all the trash from the bushes and disperse the fire pits (throw the rocks into the bushes). Use the mini-excavator to dig a ditch at the big camp area where people are driving in the woods, leave one line from the camp spot to 9 road, block off the other 3. Haul boulders from the 9 road pit to put along the road and camp spots so people do not drive into the treed areas.

11. Rock pit at the end of 9 road: pick up all the trash, shot up TV, shell casings and disperse the fire pits. We will provide trash bags.
  12. Pick up trash on the Sunrise Trail, look in the bushes, 10' on either side of the trail. We will provide trash bags.

13. Pick up trash on the Mainline Trail, look in the bushes, 10' on either side of the trail. We will provide trash bags.

14. Pick up trash on the Alder loop Trail, look in the bushes, 10' on either side of the trail. We will provide trash bags.

15. Pick up trash on the Mainline Extension Trail, look in the bushes, 10' on either side of the trail. We will provide trash bags.

16. Pick up trash on the Swamp Trail, look in the bushes, 10' on either side of the trail. We will provide trash bags.

17. Pick up trash on the Gotcha Trail, look in the bushes, 10' on either side of the trail. We will provide trash bags.

18. Pick up trash on the Rainier Vista Trail, look in the bushes, 10' on either side of the trail. We will provide trash bags.

19. Pick up trash on the Busy Wild Trail, look in the bushes, 10' on either side of the trail. We will provide trash bags.

20. Pick up trash along the 9 road from the shooting pit to the rock pit by the Rainier vista Trail (about 3 miles). We will provide trash bags.

21. Disperse camp fire pits and pick up trash along 93 Road. We will provide trash bags.

Last edited:
I bet you cant do the uphill ledge on the Alder Loop :stirpot:

:corn:

Nope. That thing will be my bitch eventually though.:redneck:

I almost got it on labor day but got denied when my drivers rear caught the left stump at the top. Lost all my momentum. Then could not get up that high again.

I will be up their friday when i get off work. camping tell sunday. talked to luey and i will be on the bobcat moving ,loading rock and what ever alse. see u up their.

I will definitely be there Saturday morning and most likely camping until Sunday. If I can swing Friday night then I'll be up Friday afternoon.

They are all equally important. Pick any one you want if it is not already done. We will have maps and job description sheets at the signup desk. Pick a job you can do and head out.

If you want to do a trail and pick up trash, grab a map (if needed), trashbag and head out.

If you want to put up a sign, grab a map, sign, post, tools and go put the sign up.

Each task will have a sheet, if the sheet is gone and someone is already on the job, pick one that still needs to be done.

Hopefully by the end of Sunday, all the 21 tasks will be completed :awesomework:

If their are tasks not completed will they be handed to the PNW for the next work party?

If their are tasks not completed will they be handed to the PNW for the next work party?

I am optimistic that the great group of volunteers at Elbe will be able to get all the items done this weekend.

At the last focus group meeting Joe said they would put any unfinished tasks on there to do list.

:redneck:

im in

Im coming, just be aware I have a fractured tibia, and my elbow is broken in two spots. So my little brother will be doing all the work while I stand on the side lines with my daughter, drinking beer and commenting.

I will be their friday afternoon as well. i will be in the big white chev with camper. leaving the toy at home this go around.

Why would you leave your wheeler at home? Atleast ur consitantly (or how ever the F you spell it) Backazward.:redneck::haha:

Saturday was going great up their and getting a ton of work done. Until Corey got hit in the head with a wrecking bar and split his head open.. Not sure how many stitches it will take to close up that cut but alot im sure. Thanks for all that helped today. N to Dirtygoat for cracken Coreys head open....:haha: