• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe hills

Paul. I'd do body armor over lockers for Elbe. Rock sliders at the very least. You can pull through what you can't drive through, but with a vehicle that low, I'd be wanting a stout set of sliders. Given the fun that I've see Cherokees and full body 4Runners have, I'd think about the something to protect the rear quarters and glass. Not doing so is why I no longer have much left on the back of my Runner :awesomework:

:fawkdancesmiley:

I finally got my torch back. Got the bolt hole burned out but was ready to throw everything in the lake trying to get the remainder of the hole drilled out so that I can tap it. It feels like I'm drilling into diamonds! I'm out of ideas :mad:

Dang rats destroyed the interior of my old tow pig (Robin's 1987 F250) so I had to remove all the interior to get the rat piss smell out, put in new carpet, seats etc as I use that for hauling my chipper and storm debris for Gibbon Winter Service work. We've been busy!

I know, I'm full of excuses, but it's a pause in the wheeling hobby. 3 kids in sports and activities and a business growing faster than I can keep up, forces recreation hobbies down the list. As soon as weather allows, I get to start building 3 practice football fields for the football program that Jackson plays in (and I am coaching) at my farm. I haven't even started to work on the storm damage to the fence lines UGHHHH!

But back to the point, 31" tires, open/open with no body armor. Recipe for trashing a vehicle at Elbe in the winter, even if it's been a year since I've been there.

Your right :awesomework: its much better for a newby with a clean rig and no winch to take advice from people that dont care about body damage and think its funny to watch stockish rigs get beat to death . :booo:

For a stockish rig to go to Elbe this time of year without good friends with expieriance is just asking for a long walk out of the woods and possibly a stripped down rig when you return :booo:

Both you are speaking out your asses, remember WOW has rocked half the trails out there, you would know that if you ran the trails more than once a year, it changes out there weekly,there is only a few trails or spot that are tricky.

ON ANOTHER NOTE
Just stay off the busy and out of the mud holes and go with someone that knows the area and you'll be fine, most of all have FUN

Hey guys thanks for all the good advice. Not sure when my first trip to Elbe will be but for sure it sounds like I will be going with a group, staying out of the mudholes and clear of the busy.

I do have a 8000lb winch on the front but no lockers. I am getting the cash together for a rear locker but as for right now I am open in front and back

thanks
Paul

Have fun and be safe :cheer:

I wouldnt miss out on not expercencing Elbe Hill ORV area because Pokey thinks im an ass!! Go have fun!! **** PM me ill run all the trails behind you N I will make sure you get back no problem!

I dont think your a ass at all sometimes I think you want people to think you are but thats another story in its own. I do think your "style" of wheeling may differ from someones who like their body panells straight and their rig in one piece at the end of the day. Very nice of you to offer to show him around :awesomework:

Both you are speaking out your asses, remember WOW has rocked half the trails out there, you would know that if you ran the trails more than once a year, it changes out there weekly,there is only a few trails or spot that are tricky.

ON ANOTHER NOTE
Just stay off the busy and out of the mud holes and go with someone that knows the area and you'll be fine, most of all have FUN

:kissmyass: bla bla bla something like that :haha:

Your right :awesomework: its much better for a newby with a clean rig and no winch to take advice from people that dont care about body damage and think its funny to watch stockish rigs get beat to death . :booo:

For a stockish rig to go to Elbe this time of year without good friends with expieriance is just asking for a long walk out of the woods and possibly a stripped down rig when you return :booo:

You make an awful lot of assumptions in these comments Jim. You clearly don't know us as well as you think. :eeek:

stacy ( a girl that drives like a girl) does almost all the trails in there regularly in a bone stock mazda b2600i 4x4 with all terrains. good spotting and taking all the bypasses helps. you can run from mainline down gotcha, most of swamp, and rainier vista (except the hill) in two wheel drive. just gotta pay attention.