• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe on the 31st--Memorial Day

jimijam19K

OK here is the deal, we're not getting out for the entire Memorial day weekend because my wife is starting a new job. BUT she doesn't work on monday the actual holiday so I'm looking for anyone who'll be at Elbe (either day trip or camping) to link in and hit the woods for the day. I'd like to check out the new log crib that the WTF guys worked so hard on :beer: Not sure if I want to dedicate an entire day to the Busy or just fiddle-fart around and enjoy my day.

Anyone heading up?

Our club members will be all over the state that weekend. But some of us will be their. What kinda rig do you got? If you can hang you can fallow us around. Monday is later in the weekend tho. Wonder if i can keep the buggy alive that long.

CJ7, SOA, locked F & R, winch, but I'm "only" running 33" rubber.

You may remember, New Years hangover run. Silver/white CJ dragging the non-running toyota out of the mainline trail.

CJ7, SOA, locked F & R, winch, but I'm "only" running 33" rubber.

You may remember, New Years hangover run. Silver/white CJ dragging the non-running toyota out of the mainline trail.

You can run with us, Ill bring my toe strap.:fawkdancesmiley:

I'll see who ever's up there on monday morning. I have my own tow strap but thank you for thinking on my behalf. :kissmyass: :stirpot:

Jeep is loaded, gear packed, shooting for a 9-9:30 unload at the campground. If anyone is looking for a last minute trail run we'll see you on the mountain, don't hesitate to come over and introduce yourself.

just made it back limpin the whole way haha. shock dragging, springs bent, t-case ratchet strapped down. to bad it had to be so wet. good times tho. at least i got to test the cage once or twice

just made it back limpin the whole way haha. shock dragging, springs bent, t-case ratchet strapped down. to bad it had to be so wet. good times tho. at least i got to test the cage once or twice

Do tell. Where and how did you bust it all up?

Where'd you test the cage?

which time??inner alder loop was the best one but i leaned her on a few things. its always fun to stop ten feet back and ask the person with you if they ever rolled over before, of course that answer had to be a no never done that before, then drop in a hole knowing shes going over way before you even try:redneck:

Last edited:
Do tell. Where and how did you bust it all up?

lets see springs are just shot cause i like to get a little bit of that skinny pedal on the right. tore the t-case mounts out of both sides, a couple different times don't even remember where exactly, i do know the last time it was on the rocks. tore the shock of the axle and bent the crap out of it on the swamp trail. oh yea and the first day (thurs)i sheared all four bolts of the front driveline line at the t-case flange. i know what im building this weeek, those stock t-case mounts just don't hold up to the 6.5.1's in there. gotta build a crossmember and some new mounts. its not the first time. i thought the bushings were the weak link so i through bolted them with different bushings, and now i tore right thru the mounts instead of ripping the bushings apart

elbe got me and ken too my rear locker was broke from last time and found out on the nasty corner. finaly had to winch. then ken came into it and broke his axle. so we took kens axel out so he could drive it home and got to watch some jeeps do battle. it was cool. i just fixed the locker last nite. welded the slider into lock forever. welded the fork up for a spare for the front. good times.

elbe got me and ken too my rear locker was broke from last time and found out on the nasty corner. finaly had to winch. then ken came into it and broke his axle. so we took kens axel out so he could drive it home and got to watch some jeeps do battle. it was cool. i just fixed the locker last nite. welded the slider into lock forever. welded the fork up for a spare for the front. good times.

i think elbe claimed several parts this weekend lots of campground fixes. sure was a blast wish the sun would have popped out