• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe question

everything i can find, says 8 to 15 miles of 4wd trails. doesn't mention anything else. even just looking up by the elbe state forest.

Yeah, I don't have an answer for that. I do know that I see a fair number of trails that are obviously quad trails only simply because of the size of the trail. When the state used to publish the booklets with the trail info they only mentioned the trail bike and 4x4, they didn't even include an ATV reference.

On our club website http://www.faithwheelers.com if you click on the link to trip reports you'll see a button at the top for Where to Off-road. I made this several years ago when the last state booklet was printed. Even at Tahuya they didn't mention ATV trail and we know that they're there.

I don't even see bike trails noted at Elbe officially, but we know that they're out there.

The PNW4WDA rep to WHOVA has told us that the ATV and bike guys are way ahead of us with political clout because of the shear numbers in their group and because the manufactures are behind them financially in their battles - something not seen in the 4x4 community. However, in terms of mapping trails, and things of that nature, they are WAY behind us. This is causing a problem for them with the Forest Service and they are having to panic to get their trails mapped before that are considered permanently closed in the "Closed unless posted open" movement. Most of the 4x4 trals in the state are mapped and marked and because of that will remain open. A shameless plug here... You can thank the PNW4WDA and it's member clubs for most of that.

Latest posts