• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electronic help

jangel

Had my Axial crawler out this weekend and after a couple of minutes of just playing around it started smoking? I immediately took it into the garage and one of the wires to the motor was hot. It now won

Were you in a bind when the crawler started smoking? Sometimes the brushes can hang up in the motors and if you continue to give it throttle it can blow some smoke or if your in too big of a bind and continue to deliver throttle you could smoke the motor or ESC.

You can take a double A battery or even your rc battery and connect the motor leads to the positive/negative on the battery, it doesnt matter positive to negative as the motor can spin both ways. If the motor spins then more than likely it is fine, if it doesn't then the problem lies with the motor.

How long have you had the crawler? Are you running stock motor/esc?

Last edited:
I disconnected the motor from the ESC and hooked a battery straight to the motor and it ran? So did I toast the ESC? Bought it used and all the electronics are aftermarket.

What kind of esc?depending on the esc, u should have lights that change colors depending on throttle position, see if they change colors when u apply throttle and whatnot. Most of the speed controllers I've seen use those lights for diagnosing as well, for instance castle escs have diff. Colors and flashes for certain problems and their manuals show the possible causes. But kinda sounds like u blew the esc to me.