• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

eliminator opinions

Catabeagle

Trunnion bearing eliminator kits?? Opinions?? Brands? TG?

Looking to do this... Looking for some feedback. Thanks folks!:beer:

Trail gear makes the eliminator, Marlin makes a huge bearing. Both have positive reviews on the interwebs.

I did a ton of research before I bought mine and have a few buddies who are running them. Everyone seems to like them. I haven't ran mine but they seem to be great quality.

Hi All:

How do these "eliminator" kits work? What gets replaced?

Thanks.

Alan

Alan,

You have the pins pressed out of your existing highsteer arms and replaced with a greaseable kingpin. You replace the bearing races with races designed for the Eliminator and bolt on and go. No more replacing Trunion bearings, just greasing another joint.

Pretty simple design and I've seen a few people have luck with 40's and hydro with them.

Just my .02
Charlie

I'm running 37's with hydro assist, sheared all my passenger side knuckle studs on on drop in... It was suggested to while I've got stuff apart to do the eliminator kit. Also complet my 5th stud and beef the whole thing up. I will check out Marlin. TG only sells their kit with an entire knuckle rebuild kit which I don't need I have a ton of that stuff already.

Ive sold many of TG Eliminator kits to customers, and have heard nothing but good on them so far! If you decide to go that route, I have a kit on the shelf.

I have killed hysteer arm pins.

I have NEVER killed a trunnion bearing.

Dont buy chineese bearings and you wont need this kit.

Use ONLY jap KOYO bearings ina knuckle and set the preload tight and never look back.