• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer/Toy Hauler Conversion

jeff150

I too am guilty of not posting lately so here is my last project. It is 95% done and I only took a few pictures while building but will be glad to answer any questions I can.
I couldn't find a used trailer to match what I wanted without being 80% the price of new so I ordered a Homesteader Intrepid model 824IT. It's 24' with V, upgraded with 5200lb axles, +6" height, RV style walk in door, insulated, framed and wired for rooftop air. Plans were to have room for 4 with full bath, kitchenette, and storage. I had an older slide-in truck camper that I robbed appliances from.
IMG_5648.jpg
The layout begins

IMG_5659.jpg
linoleum up front

IMG_5657.jpg
Bought new cabinets,

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5661.jpg
Pretty crammed with sink, stove top, furnace, and fridge I robbed from my old slide-in camper.

IMG_5697.jpg
IMG_6435.jpg
Cut the floor out and framed in some storage area for bag chairs, extension cords, leveling blocks, etc.

IMG_6422.jpg
Didn't want a standard fold down Murphy Bed so I scavenged some old garage door rails and made the bed mount to the ceiling. This way both people can get out on their own side without one having to crawl over the other. I made fold down legs on the bed frame so it sits up at normal bed height.

IMG_5734.jpg
IMG_5736.jpg
Fits like a glove

It achieved most of my wants and all of my current needs. Very comfortable for two but will definitely accommodate 4 with air mattress. I took up quite a bit of space with the bathroom but I hate small "camper" bathrooms and wanted to be able to use it as a changing room also. It has 30 gallon fresh water tank inside bathroom cabinet and 25 gallon each black and gray water tank. On demand propane water heater and gas heat with a 15K rooftop air unit.

Dolly wheels on foot end. Pipe across head end with garage door rollers on each end. Hasps on ceiling on foot end. To let down, undo hasps, let foot end down on wheels. Go to other end and pull the bed towards the back and down the track. There are stops in the track that the roller wheels sit on and fold out legs under frame. Reverse order to put back up. One person can do it once you figure it out.

The garage door track setup it genius. I built mine for 4 people using 4 twin mattresses and Murphy style frames. I really like your set up. Well done.

Latest posts