• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer/Toy Hauler Conversion

I've legit packed a 31 (or maybe vera bradley?) beach bag with framing and layout tools, because I didn't/don't have a "real" tool bag... whatever works.

Did you build a dedicated spot for a propane tank and the black/gray water tanks? Are the water tanks something you salvaged or bought new?

I've legit packed a 31 (or maybe vera bradley?) beach bag with framing and layout tools, because I didn't/don't have a "real" tool bag... whatever works.

Did you build a dedicated spot for a propane tank and the black/gray water tanks? Are the water tanks something you salvaged or bought new?
Dual propane tanks on tongue like a camper setup. Fresh, black and gray tanks were a marketplace find from a wrecked camper. They fit between the trailer cross members under the bathroom. I used Hepvo waterless traps under the plumbing to keep everything compact. https://hepvo.com/ They mount horizontally and take the place of a standard P-trap.

Dual propane tanks on tongue like a camper setup. Fresh, black and gray tanks were a marketplace find from a wrecked camper. They fit between the trailer cross members under the bathroom. I used Hepvo waterless traps under the plumbing to keep everything compact. https://hepvo.com/ They mount horizontally and take the place of a standard P-trap.

Nice find on the tanks that fit between the cross members! I've had to buy two sorta custom but not 100% custom tanks for the last two enclosed trailers with living quarters. Also the HEPVO Traps work great and way easier to fit than a traditional p-trap.

Nice find on the tanks that fit between the cross members! I've had to buy two sorta custom but not 100% custom tanks for the last two enclosed trailers with living quarters. Also the HEPVO Traps work great and way easier to fit than a traditional p-trap.
If that is your goodeneck hauler behind the red Ford in the Harlan thread, I'm pretty sure I owned it a few years back.

Propane tanks, battery, electric jack on tongue. Tank and city water hookups in V

Attachments

• ACADE2F4-AB39-4D67-9CEE-FE14B46F0F77.jpeg
    ACADE2F4-AB39-4D67-9CEE-FE14B46F0F77.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 249
RV style side door and step. Added a porch light and outdoor 110v receptacle also

Attachments

• 066BE5CC-CCCC-41F2-A750-1ABCBF04CC9F.jpeg
    066BE5CC-CCCC-41F2-A750-1ABCBF04CC9F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 240
Flipped the spring perched to add height. It dragged a couple of places getting into parks before.

Attachments

• A927A1E9-E6D1-480D-9989-AB3B4E3638AC.jpeg
    A927A1E9-E6D1-480D-9989-AB3B4E3638AC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 228
Fridge vent, electric hookup, and tank dump valves on driver side

Attachments

• 654DEB20-595F-4635-93E7-736E9A373CD0.jpeg
    654DEB20-595F-4635-93E7-736E9A373CD0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 213
Rooftop air, digital antenna, bathroom fart fan and rear roof vent.

Attachments

• 0B756D00-F71D-4C74-BBD1-BA5287DA822B.jpeg
    0B756D00-F71D-4C74-BBD1-BA5287DA822B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
Flipped the spring perched to add height. It dragged a couple of places getting into parks before.
Good call on flipping the perches. Any idea how much "lift" you gained by flipping them?

Our last two enclosed trailers have had 3'' lifts and so I don't have to worry about dragging the back end anymore.

Rooftop air, digital antenna, bathroom fart fan and rear roof vent.
For the roof vent, check out the RV Roof Vent Covers. I didn't add any to our 38' trailer so was constantly opening and closing vents based on the weather. But the cover was one of the first additions to the 28' trailer. Now I just leave the vent open when it's parked at home or in transit and it feels better/less muggy inside the trailer.

Good call on flipping the perches. Any idea how much "lift" you gained by flipping them?

Our last two enclosed trailers have had 3'' lifts and so I don't have to worry about dragging the back end anymore.

For the roof vent, check out the RV Roof Vent Covers. I didn't add any to our 38' trailer so was constantly opening and closing vents based on the weather. But the cover was one of the first additions to the 28' trailer. Now I just leave the vent open when it's parked at home or in transit and it feels better/less muggy inside the trailer.

I gained about 6" from the flip. I was worried it would be way too tall but it still sits lower than my buddy's camper. It did not affect the towing at all that I can tell.

That is the exact cover I have on the static vent on the back (hidden in picture by ac unit). In the bathroom, I used the Fan-Tastic EZ Breeze powered vent. It is low profile and the shroud has the louvers turned down next to the roof to keep rain out. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/EZ-Breeze-Powered-Vent-p/22-0659.htm

I gained about 6" from the flip. I was worried it would be way too tall but it still sits lower than my buddy's camper. It did not affect the towing at all that I can tell.

That is the exact cover I have on the static vent on the back (hidden in picture by ac unit). In the bathroom, I used the Fan-Tastic EZ Breeze powered vent. It is low profile and the shroud has the louvers turned down next to the roof to keep rain out. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/EZ-Breeze-Powered-Vent-p/22-0659.htm

That's great on the lift not having a negative affect on the trailer towing.

Good deal on the vent cover. I wish I had had put them on our other trailer too.

Nice work on the camper. I was much more basic on mine as I skipped the bathroom and appliances. I will install a sink eventually, and I'm going to pick up a fridge/ freezer, but nothing that will be a permanent install. I just needed a warm/ cool place to sleep on wheeling trips not a fully self contained camper.

Fyi, if you order a new trailer, pick the straight axle option and it's basically a 4" lift compared to the standard 4" drop axle most enclosed trailers get.

Attachments

• IMG_20200824_175314_953_copy_1024x577.jpg
    IMG_20200824_175314_953_copy_1024x577.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 258
Your trailer looks great . There is one thing i want and you do not have it yet either. Have you checked into awnings? I want one but do not know enough to get one.

Your trailer looks great . There is one thing i want and you do not have it yet either. Have you checked into awnings? I want one but do not know enough to get one.
Thanks. I added an awning to one a few years back. They are nice and I will eventually on this one if I can find a good deal.
I got lucky last time and bought one at a place that buys truckload surplus or overstock. They had them priced at $10/foot so I gave $160 for a 16' awning and frame.
Also, make sure you have enough height over your walk in door to mount it so when the awning is rolled out and angled down the door will still open the full arc without ripping the fabric.

Last edited:
Thanks. I added an awning to one a few years back. They are nice and I will eventually on this one if I can find a good deal.
I got lucky last time and bought one at a place that buys truckload surplus or overstock. They had them priced at $10/foot so I gave $160 for a 16' awning and frame.
Also, make sure you have enough height over your walk in door to mount it so when the awning is rolled out and angled down the door will still open the full arc without ripping the fabric.
Speaking from experience there?

Latest posts